Houzz Logo Print
lis_smith

NEW LIGHT & wall color, a must!

Lis Smith
hace 5 años
Bought table decor thinking it would help how I feel about my dining room- nope, just made it worse. At least now I know the top two things to change. Please suggest any and all possibilities!!!

Comentarios (12)

• Claire
    hace 5 años
    Are all those things on the table the decor? If so you need to think about grouping similar objects, about size and about proportions. The tray, the bottle vase and the ceramic pot don’t work well together. The tray and balls could work on their own but being so simple and low it would be great to have the tray on a runner to elongate the idea. If you like the vase and twigs, that could work two but maybe find 2 more bottle-like vases in the same colour glass and make a grouping.

As you mentioned in your post title, your light fixture needs updating.... For that there are so many possibilities! Look at dining rooms on Houzz and see what you like! Or go to a box home improvement store and see if they have anything you like... or if you are willing to spend a bit more for something more special go to a lighting store!!
    With your long narrow table I’d pick a long narrow light fixture!
    Good luck!
  • PRO
    Design Intervention
    hace 5 años

A lone chandelier or pendant rarely achieves adequate lighting in any room. You can hang a chandelier over a dining room table and call it a day, but try and remember to create layers of light.

You want to provide general lighting as well as accent lighting. Recessed or track and monorail lighting are perfect in most dining rooms. Monorail, recessed, and track lighting allow you to feature certain architectural elements of your space as well as bring focus to your art work. This allows the room visual interest and prevents the space from feeling “flat.” If you don’t have any art to light, use wall sconces to take the place of art and add indirect lightning to the space.

Last, provide lighting over the table for eating and drinking. A chandelier or light fixture that is to scale with the dining room table will light the seating area nicely.

• PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    hace 5 años

Window treatments, a rug, a new chandelier, and a nice piece of art on the wall should really help bring this dining room to life. Here are some ideas from designs of ours:

Woodside Updated Traditional Home · Más información

Columbia Timeless Transitional Home · Más información

Morningside Scandinavian Eclectic Home · Más información

Light Transitional Brownstone · Más información

Art Collector's Home · Más información

• Lis Smith
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    I added more glassware, as someone suggested. Ugh. I just don’t know.
  • Lis Smith
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    I added more glassware, as someone suggested. Ugh. I just don’t know.
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    hace 4 años

Can't look at just one room...what do the adjoining rooms look like...photos.. It is a really large table..do you really need it to be that large in that space?

• doods
    hace 4 años

Liz try grouping your glassware all together in one group, then the wood piece and that other little brown and white piece together

• PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

We make unique lighting made of art blown glass in beautiful styles, we specialize in custom lighting and can design the chandelier in any length.

If you would like to receive our catalog by email contact Sales@GalileeLighting.com visit www.GalileeLighting.com

We offer free design consultation you can call 305-807-8711

MODERN DINING ROOM CHANDELIER, MODERN PENDANT LIGHT FOR DINING ROOM · Más información

• Kathryn P
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Right now the space has a lot of contrast, both on the walls (paint colors and the large frame) and also between the table and chairs. I'd remove the chair rail and paint the walls a single soft color. Perhaps a pale blue or green, depends on the adjoining spaces. And then I'd look for a chandelier that is a bit more airy.

• PRO
    Cutting Edge Innovative
    hace 4 años

Hola

Beautiful Work !!! let's refer clients to each other.

RE: DESIGN + BUILD IDEAS - REMODELING AND NEW CONSTRUCTION

Love your style ...your new pages of ideas look fabulous! We would enjoy being an alternate source as a General Contactor for your Remodeling and New Construction projects if you are gathering bids. Please let us know if we can be of service.

Best Regards,

CUTTING EDGE INNOVATIVE

Marta Serna,

Director of Marketing & Sales

# 786.641.1362

• Irene Morresey
    hace 4 años
    Nice curtains, love the big mirror
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.