Houzz Logo Print
lynnev3

What colors - semi open floor plan with vaulted ceilings

lynnev3
hace 5 años

We are in desperate need of paint color help. The current colors are awful to me (along with other things). In all we are replacing counter tops, kitchen floor, and trim color. I just need paint color advice for an open floor plan (with separated dining room with tray ceiling). I would like a cozy, understated elegant vibe to the house. I hope the pics make sense. I have more in the comments below.

Comentarios (12)

• lynnev3
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

The burnt orange is the dining room.

• lynnev3
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Kitchen - paint the cabinets?

• lynnev3
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

View from front door as you walk in the house.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 5 años

Wait until you replace the trim, countertops, and flooring first. That will really change your opinions. The cabinets are fine, I think with new countertops and some modern cabinet hardware they'll look great.

• PRO
    Attaway Homes
    hace 5 años

In order to advise, could you provide pictures of the new trim, countertops, and flooring. What colors will those be? With an open layout, it is important for the colors to flow together.

• lynnev3
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Hm good question. I was thinking the process would start with the paint color choices. Should we be picking out trim, countertops, and tile for the kitchen first?

• lynnev3
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

oh good to know! I will take a look at this first then. Thank you!

• addicted2
    hace 5 años

Is your kitchen pretty dark? I do not see any windows. I would go with light cabinets, may be white? To make kitchen brighter.

• addicted2
    hace 5 años

Not necessary to paint your kitchen cabinets if they are in good shape. Just want to show how it looks.

• addicted2
    hace 5 años

Some inspiration.

• lynnev3
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I really like that light gray color on the bottom! The kitchen is fairly dark. Behind the island is a large deck sliding glass door that lets in a good amount of light though.

I am a very visual person so your pics help. Thanks!!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.