Houzz Logo Print
zanetaylor

landscape hardscape help

I am having 5’x5’ concrete pads installed with a 6” gap in between. I want to install Belgian stone (like the streets of paris) in between and I cant decide if i should go with rectangle or square. Square would be much harder as they need to be cut by a mason but the rectangles are ready to go.

I am attaching pictures - Thank you so much!

Comentarios (15)

• K R
    hace 5 años
    The square would make a much bigger statement IMO. I love the idea.
  • Zane Demirbas Taylor
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I love the square as well. They only sell the squares in 4x4x4 cubes. I would have 1’ gap between them.... I am not sure ...
  • PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    hace 5 años

It would take a lot of cuts, but a herringbone design would create interest:

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    hace 5 años

Doug, that must be a typo on your part - that is a partial basketweave pattern, not a herringbone :-)

• Zane Demirbas Taylor
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    How’s that going to work on a 6” gap?
  • PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    hace 5 años

My program doesn't have a herringbone pattern for granite blocks. The graphic shown was as close as I could get. As for the 6" gap, I'm assuming you are referring to the divider spaces between fields. In the dividers you can do many things based on your preferences, ranging form pouring concrete to 6" pavers.

• Zane Demirbas Taylor
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Yes I’m asking about the 6”... I want to do 6” Belgian blocks just not sure if 4” cubes would work?
  • Zane Demirbas Taylor
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I’m not going to do anything on top of the concrete.
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    hace 5 años

The blocks are for between the 5' pads, not in them. So the blocks themselves are for the dividers :-)

My choice would be for the rectangular blocks, unless that is cost prohibitive.

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    hace 5 años

Mock up a sample of the rectangular blocks and SEE if it is a pattern that YOU can accept.

• saccharum
    hace 5 años

I think the rectangular could look great for the banding, but you'll want to plan out how the joints align (or don't) at the corners, so it looks intentional.

Here is an example of rectangular granite cobbles in a running bond pattern to help visualize the material... sorry I don't have an example in concrete like you are proposing.

• PRO
    CB Conlin Landscapes Inc.
    hace 5 años

I am partial to 4" squares for this application. Squares would allow you to set 1 stone at the center of each intersection, making the Belgian block insets non-directional. Much better look.

• Zane Demirbas Taylor
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I decided for the cubes and it turned out amazing. I did have my concrete installer change the gaps from 6” to 5” as I really wanted more character with the 4” cubes opposed to rectangles that you see very often.
  • frankielynnsie
    hace 5 años

Picture of finished area please.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.