Houzz Logo Print
kristin_delascurain

I need help picking a chandelier

hace 5 años
I can’t find a chandelier

Comentarios (208)

• PRO
    hace 5 años
    Will you get a free standing plug in wine cabinet to fit into closet! That is best because to backfit a true built-in cooled wine cellar is very complicated. Do your research on that. I think as you improve this room it will become more and more inviting. Perhaps adding a mirrored Armoire as a cabinet for wine glasses and spirits would be interesting. It would draw people into the room too. Now we are cookin!
  • hace 5 años
    Another one
  • hace 5 años
    One more
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    Is your coffee table gold metal or silver/chrome. The chandelier should repeat that metal. You went from no crystal to all crystal!? Wh-happened?! Lol. That first one i have seen in my fav showroom and if it is the one i think it is those are fine chains not crystal so check that out and it is silver in look.
  • hace 5 años
    It’s gold medal... I know right?! I can’t decide the reason why I said no crystals is I know they must be cleaned or they get very dirty
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    There are new spray products you can use on crystal chandeliers that make cleaning much easier. You lay plastic protective cloth under chandy and spray letting cleaner work and drip off and dry. Done. A empire style chandelier would look amazing and stunning in your room.
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    I have a chandelier you might like it’s beautiful 8700.00 new. I’m selling for 3,000.00
  • hace 5 años
    Maybe something like this? Not sure who makes it.
  • hace 5 años
    Those are very extravagant may I also suggest this beautiful bowl chandelier it may not be in a gold finish but maybe something in the shade of your chairs

https://trk.overstock.com/vPdBHiWR2R
  • hace 5 años
    Flo what’s the name of that?
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    I’ve seen a “bowl pendant” but never one like that. To me i think you need something more long and shapely. Also gold touches. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your daughter is much better! Enjoy your day.
  • hace 5 años
    Flo she has been getting suggestions of a more shapely chandelier This is a mock-up of the bowl chandelier
  • hace 5 años
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • hace 5 años
    Flo- thoughts?!
  • PRO
    hace 5 años

That's the one I mocked up a bit ago. I will repost it. All depends on "look" you want. An Empire type style would take the look more glam, this one is more "current" and different, more "transitional", so just depends. brb

• hace 5 años
    These are the measurements
  • PRO
    hace 5 años

I do like more gold in the chandelier than silver though.

• PRO
    hace 5 años

mock ups · Más información

While I like that one, I kind of like the taller more narrow ones better. They draw the eye up which is really good in a room with a high and interesting ceiling like yours, plus it would reflect interesting shadows on the ceiling.

• hace 5 años
    Kinda hard to portray in mock ups the real size...this one is really a little smaller that the tabletop...which I think is appropriate....it is also less traditional ...more unique...and better suited to the furniture...and for some reason I always find the patterns and shadows on the ceiling sort of distracting at best and a little creepy at worst....it is a stretch from the more grand ones you have been seeing...but I think of it as a more fresh and new look...
  • hace 5 años
    From the beginning I have been thinking the room would really come to life with a little color on the walls....to further distinguish it from a more traditional ...predictable room...
  • hace 5 años
    Maybe a pale dusty aqua if that is not too much of a stretch from your more neutral aesthetic...
  • hace 5 años
    Flo I picked this one
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    Kristin. I have used that fixture. It will look beautiful in your room. Post pics when it is up!
  • hace 5 años

That's a great buy as well!!

• PRO
    hace 5 años
    Just make sure you don’t hang it too high please. Bottom should be no higher than 7’ above floor at the bottom of the fixture. It could go a bit lower if over that table.
  • hace 5 años
    How high from the ceiling do you recommend? I’m now painting the entire house winds breath from Benjamin Moore. I’ll also be changing the drapes in that room
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    Bottom 7’ from floor. Then it will be in proper distance from top of ceiling.
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    Oh BM Winds Breath will look so pretty. Much more updated look too! Can’t wait to see it!
  • hace 5 años
    It looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Glad you got it all squared away! I love the feeling of completing the project! We r done with true Maryland house renno and on the the keys house renno. Exciting - lots of decisions! Lol. Take care, jen
  • hace 5 años
    Thank you all! I’ll post pics when all is done. I was expecting to redo the living room as well but excited. Flo I can’t thank you enough as well
  • PRO
    hace 5 años

My great pleasure Kristin! Can't wait to see it up! I think you will love your new wall color as well.

• hace 5 años
    Flo after the room is painted I know you recommend a light curtain. What do you recommend? I’m looking from half price drapes
  • hace 5 años

Can't wait to see this all together! Can I ask what you are doing with the mirror? I really think the mirror needs a different finish. Your window treatments are already light in color. I think you can change the look of them by just letting them hang straight down vs being pulled aside onto the tie backs. You might find the cream color to be good with your new paint color. Have you looked at HPD silk? Those would add some beautiful sheen to the room. I had some here at my house that I ended up returning because the color wasn't right for my space but they were really gorgeous. They come in about every color under the sun!

• hace 5 años
    What color would you add to the mirror?
  • hace 5 años
    Looking forward to final pics!
  • hace 5 años

Kristin it’s so hard to tell in the pictures but the mirror looks black currently. Is that the color?

also FYI in case you don’t know HPD is currently having a 30% off sale.

• hace 5 años
    Yeah it’s almost black pretty dark
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    I would pick a close match or lighter to the wall color. Keep it light and bright.
  • hace 5 años
    If your new chandelier is a dark gold..it may be good to wait to see it installed before choosing a color for the mirror frame..since the table is light bright gold.. the chandelier a dark gold(?)...maybe a light gold metallic wash ..leaving some of the black showing ?
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    I was referring to the drapery color. Get outside now and view the Blood Moon eclipse!!
  • hace 5 años
    Flo which color? Thoughts?
  • hace 5 años
    This is winds breathe my new color
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    I would lean more white so it doesn’t look like you mis-matched to your wall color.
  • hace 5 años
    So like this one?
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    I wonder if there is a better choice? Do you need privacy? Light control? I wonder if a more sheer look might work better? You are trying to move away from heavy looks. What do you think?
  • hace 5 años
    Anything you suggest I’m open to. A little privacy because it’s the front window.
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    Ok. Let me look around.
  • PRO
    hace 5 años
    You have to coordinate the paint with any drape, but here are a couple that might work.
  • hace 5 años

Flo...you say coordinate......are you matching the drapery color to the wall color exactly? Or just the same color palette? "?"

• PRO
    hace 5 años
    I mean same color hue. You can go in two main directions. Contrasting color or monochromatic (same tones). You will need to select two or three panels and try them in the room. Color on monitor is imprecise at best. I do think some subtle pattern would be nice since everything is plain as far as I can see.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.