Houzz Logo Print
hapiak

handless gloss or shaker kitchen ?

hapiak
hace 5 años
Hi everyone

Thought we had come to a decision on a handless gloss kitchen with marble effect worktop and splashback.

I love the grey and blue shaker style.

I was given the impression early on that shakers can be hard to maintain in house with young children and a dog knocking into them.

I like the clean lines of the handless and thought they’d be easy to wipe clean.

Recently I have had people warn me that the handless always look mucky with finger marks etc and can mark really easy.

What are your views?

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Locus Design
    hace 5 años

You could try a matt handleless as this gives you the clean lines without having the issue of fingermarks on the gloss. I have seen a matt handleless in a dark blue and it looks fantastic

• PRO
    Spencer Marchand
    hace 5 años

Hanwell, London · Más información

Hello, It all depends on what finish your door is in from a durability point of view. Yes a flat slab laminate door is easy to clean as it's one flat surface, but a simple square foil wrapped laminate shaker door with no cock bead is not much harder to look after. Please see image attached of one of our past projects in factory sprayed Light Grey. This hopefully shows you, you can achieve a shaker style kitchen but in a very contemporary way, through the elongated cup handle with the grey mirror splashback. Thanks Spencer Marchand Kitchens in Cookham.

• Daisy England
    hace 5 años
    I have matt handleless (dove grey) at home and white gloss matt handleless in my holiday home. Nothing really to choose between them. Regardless the marks are there it’s just that on the matt you can’t really notice them until the show in a specific light.
  • Daisy England
    hace 5 años
    Just to mention that cleaning the handleless groove part is quick and easy.
  • hapiak
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you all for your comments.

I think I just need to make a decision ... not great at choosing handles which is why I think I’m leaning towards handless! Simplicity.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.