Houzz Logo Print
brackenk90

Advice: off balance fireplace walls, plus art placement in room

brackenk90
hace 5 años

Hi, as you see the doorway is meant to offset the length of desk wall creating uneven spaces to decorate by fireplace. I love my desk, but what to do on other side? Im offloading this gray cabinet Sloane paint disaster, big regret as it once matched the desk.

Also, need help on art placement! Thanks for comments.

Comentarios (8)

• brackenk90
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Welcome all ideas here on pulling this room together...not there yet!

• Rachel Lee
    hace 5 años
    I would chose something leggy to avoid the “dark hole” effect you’re getting with the cabinet and door. I like the heron over the desk- a similar size and color piece over the new table would add balance.
  • drdeb1234
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Also I would remove that chair that is in the corner. It’s so far from everything else, I’m guessing no one ever sits there. You could just put the plant there, with artwork

• brackenk90
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I know, hate whole idea of tv and for years had artwork there and tv over desk spot and that didn’t work either so I gave in. We do need one there because of winter and fireplace tv watching. (My den used for the other 8 months has big time but no fireplace. ) I agree it’s too high but it’s more of a secondary unit. Functional but hate it from design aspect.

• PRO
    Katie Hofacker Art
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Hi there! I create fine art that can be completely customized, including size, color, incorporating personal photos, quotes and more. I am including a picture of a piece created for a client in Canada, as well as a link to my personal artist website. Please let me know if you have any questions and good luck with your project!

• groveraxle
    hace 5 años

Put a plant there and remove all the stuff from the mantel.

• groveraxle
    hace 5 años

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.