Want to lighten up my living room

Usuario de Houzz-105422704
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Christopher Simmonds Architect
    hace 5 años

A quick way to lighten this room would be to add a large rug in a neutral, light colour. Going a step further would be to replace the wing-back chairs with upholstered chairs, or to have them re-upholstered in a lighter colour fabric... too much leather tends to feel dark and heavy. Good luck!

• Manon Floreat
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Good suggestiions from Christopher Simmonds and celergirl. I'm curious as why the sofa is blocking the fireplace?

• Morgan Adams
    hace 5 años

A great way to lighten a room is with lighter colors! Add a light colored rug, a lot of white colored pillows with different textures or blankets, or go as far as replacing a few furniture pieces with ivory or lighter colored chairs/coffee table with a very light brown, distressed wood accents. Good luck!

• PRO
    Jackie Loughery
    hace 5 años

I agree with the lighter rug option. You can always add lighter throw pillows to the chairs.

• Rob Keighley
    hace 5 años

Lighter colors and well placed lighting will help brighten up any room

• jbtanyderi
    hace 5 años
    Clear off the mantel, lower the art, and invest in a large, good, bright oriental carpet.
  • Cheryl Inokon
    hace 5 años

I love the different options of colors the actual lights offer, choosing a fixture is important and choosing the color of the actual light is important also. What colors speak to you?

• Marvin Woolard
    hace 5 años

make a list of the 3 colors that you love the most and add them to the room.

• Laurie Tillett
    hace 5 años
    Agree about use of light rug, smaller, “lighter” feeling chairs. Chairs with open wooden arms would help it seem more airy. Keep the sofa. As it is now, that coffee table, while fascinating, is totally discordant with the rest of the furniture.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.