Houzz Logo Print
lesliekatzman

Nantucket beadboard

lesliekatzman
hace 5 años
I looked up the Nantucket company and noticed that their products are mdf/mri. My contractor is hesitant to use mdf but you seem to use it successfully in your beautiful, high end interiors. Is it mdf? Have you used panels before or always strips. Thank you so much!
Connecticut Estate · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Crisp Architects
    hace 5 años

Nantucket is MDF products and we will most often use strips in order to vary the seams to make it less noticeable.

lesliekatzman agradeció a Crisp Architects
  • lesliekatzman
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

As always, you are so helpful and a wonderful contributor to the design world. Thank you for sharing your amazing work and knowledge. My samples from Nantucket bead board are on their way!

• PRO
    Design Discoveries
    hace 5 años

El &El has fantastic moldings, crown and wainscot options. One in particular that I love is called a Nickel gap. It has two options, one with a V-groove on one or you could do the other side with gives you a Nickel gap horizontal clean line. Most if not all come in a finger joint engineered pre-prim.

lesliekatzman agradeció a Design Discoveries
  • lesliekatzman
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you- we have both El and El and Nantucket beadboard at our local building supply store. My contractor really doesn't like to use mdf because he says the nail/screw holes change once they are painted and then the painter has to come back and refill the holes to make them smooth/touch up paint. Have you noticed a problem like this using mdf? We are using poplar for all the trim so I'd rather save money on the ceiling treatment/paneling.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.