Houzz Logo Print
lindseyray

Opinions? Paint ceiling beams white: match ceiling or trim??

lindseyray
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

walls: Ben Moore ‘balboa mist’ matte
trim: Ben Moore ‘white dove’ semi-gloss ceiling: flat white
Beams: ???

I say white. But which white?

My question is: should the two ceiling beams be painted to match the trim OR the ceiling?

flat white ceiling color
semi gloss “white dove” trim color

Comentarios (9)

• lindseyray
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thanks Patricia...so what would you recommend exactly?
  • suezbell
    hace 5 años

There are paints especially made for ceilings that are intended to make any imperfections in the ceilings less visible. Specifically ask for ceiling paint.

• suezbell
    hace 5 años

Unless you actually want to emphasize the beams, consider painting ceiling, beams and trim all the same color.

If you do want to emphasize the beams, you might consider having them clad in wood boards or paneling with a natural wood finish.

• ci_lantro
    hace 5 años

I would try painting part of one side of one beam in the wall color and see if you like that. I know that the beams are on the ceiling but they 'feel' more like wall to me.

• PRO
    Lee Lormand Design
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I would paint them the same color as the wall/ceiling- they seem to be part of both wall/ceiling, with the way the drywall is applied

• phorton61
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Option 3 Paint the ceiling White Dove FLAT so it's the same shade as the trim but different finish, and then the beams white dove flat as well.

• sloyder
    hace 5 años

beams same as the wall color

• mimidevine
    hace 3 años

I painted my beam to match the wall but honestly think matching the ceiling would have camouflaged it better.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.