Houzz Logo Print
honestlybonnestly

Front Yard Landscaping Advice

Bonnie
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

After living in our home for 2 years, we are finally beginning our landscaping project! I recently got some landscaping wall stones (see picture) from neighbors for free. That being said, I am now stumped on where exactly to place them. I've attached a few pictures of the front yard with a rough drawing (please forgive my TERRIBLE editing skills). I don't think I have enough stones to get the wall from the front of the porch and do bump out on the far right. My main question is will it look strange if I have the wall start at the front of the house and if I just mulch around the bush/flowering quince? Any and all feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. (I put additional photos in the comments because I couldn't add more than one).

Comentarios (12)

• Bonnie
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

• Bonnie
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

• Bonnie
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

• PRO
    Studio Petrichor
    hace 5 años

I would suggest you lightly thin the Quince and let it connect to your future roses. That would help to maintain a contiguous green and interesting front garden. Try to repeat the grass somewhere so there is not just one of them.

Bonnie agradeció a Studio Petrichor
  • Bonnie
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

The white plant is supposed to by hydrangea - i should have added labels.

• PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I believe this is approximately what you posted: (You can end the wall at the corners of the house if needed.)

here is an alternate look to consider:

• Bonnie
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks Doug - so in this you have the wall going from the front of the porch to the back of the house with the Rose Sharon Tree outside of the wall. The other option is for the wall to go from the front of house and extend past the back a little, with the flowering quince outside the wall but the rose sharon tree inside. Which do you think would look best?

• PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    hace 5 años

I would put the quince & the rose of Sharon outside the wall.

Bonnie agradeció a Dig Doug's Designs
  • Bonnie
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Doug - wow! Thank you for putting that together! Which plants did you use in the 2nd picture? Fantastic - many thanks!

• PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    hace 5 años

Canyon Creek Abelia, Miscanthus, May Knight Salvia, Straw Flowers

Bonnie agradeció a Dig Doug's Designs
  • Bonnie
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Hello! I am finishing up the first part of my landscaping project and am about to start planting, but want to make sure I have things in order. My 2 main questions are below:

1. The stones again the side of the house: Is that an issue and should I move them away? Would that look odd to not have it "connect" to the house? I am going to get the round corner pieces cut, so I want to get it settled before I do that.

2. Do I have enough dirt? I want it to fill the bed but also don't want it to be too high on the foundation.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated as this was a complete first attempt for me. Thanks in advance!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.