Houzz Logo Print
whatcolorsgo

Kitchen Counters. I'm swapping out my counters.

Jardie Lauinger
hace 10 años
Need help for my kitchen counter choiceI recently moved into a new home and i despise the kitchen counter tops.

The previous owner installed new white cabinets so i will stick with those because i like them, but im having a insecurities on my granite choice.

At this point i put a slab of Monte Cristo on hold. Im worried that im getting too white. i had dark granite at my last house and everytime you used the sink you had to wipe the counters.

I have stainless appliances, but the stove has a black top and the fridge has black sides. anyone see any problems with this, or have any colors suggestions?

Also, i have white doors, trim and crown moldings. My walls are mostly beige and i have a blue accent wall in the room which i thought the counter since the monte cristo has slight blue hints would mesh well

Comentarios (18)

• PRO
    Vastyan, LLC
    hace 10 años
    I did a kitchen with white cabinets with a brown glaze. We did travertine counters with stainless appliances. The lighter counters look great but we did add a wood counter on a green island to spice it up a little. Sometimes a dark counter on white cabinets is just too much contrast.
  • Jardie Lauinger
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I like the back splash alot, i think that will be a key to tieing the room together.
  • PRO
    Nikki Trivisonno, CKBD of Somrak Kitchens
    hace 10 años
    I love the countertop! i just did a kitchen with a similar top and color scheme, and we used bright pink accent colors in the accessories. It really looked stunning. You can pick any color to pair with the white/greys but the best part about using color in the accessories is that if you get tired of it you can always change it- and it won't break the bank! Good Luck!
  • PRO
    La Pietra Tile & Stone
    hace 10 años
    I think the monochromatic look will be very classy. You can always jazz things up with a glass back splash tile.
  • kadodi
    hace 10 años
    I think it will look stunning! I think the backsplash should be a simple subway tile all in one color to showcase the granite,
  • feeny
    hace 10 años
    I agree that the granite you've chosen will look beautiful. If you are concerned about the black sides of your refrigerator distracting from the light overall palette, consider getting the side panels covered in a thin veneer of stainless steel:
    http://www.frigodesign.com/custom-kitchens/appliance-frames-and-panels.html
  • PRO
    Prolific Cabinetry and More
    hace 10 años
    I think your choice is great! Don't second guess yourself!
  • Jenny Youngblood
    hace 10 años
    That is a fabulous choice- very unique and I think it will look great with your cabinets and be a unique choice. I haven't seen this granite much at all, so you have a great look. I think a cream and French blue backsplash will really pull the whole look together.
  • indianpatti
    hace 10 años
    Love your choice!
  • PRO
    Stoneshop
    hace 10 años
    That slab is absolutely beautiful, whatcolorsgo! It will look great in your space. Plus, you have nice wood floors to ground everything. I say go for it!

A white crackled subway tile may be a nice backsplash. You can always throw a glass mosaic tile accent strip to spice it up a bit.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    Go for it. It is beautiful.
  • cicadacat
    hace 10 años
    Feeny: I'm curious about your suggestion to apply a thin stainless veneer. I'm in the same situation with a recently-purchased stainless refrigerator that I thought had stainless or gray sides but came with black instead. Have you used the veneer and, if so, can you tell me about how it wears, is applied, etc? Or has anyone else ever tried using this sort of veneer? I'd love to hear about your experience with it.
  • brickln
    hace 10 años
    You've got a great eye- perfect choice.
  • feeny
    hace 10 años
    @cicadacat: I'm so sorry, but I have no direct experience with the stainless sides for refrigerators, so I can't tell you anything further. I simply bookmarked the link because I thought it was a great idea. I originally found out about them when they were mentioned in a post by one of the professional designers here many months ago. Maybe someone else will read this thread who has used them?
  • geoellen
    hace 10 años
    @CICADACAT:I saw this on an HGTV makeover show and it seemed to work out good and went fast.Perhaps you could find something on their web site or have you heard of masterhandyman.com? Radio show that has web site to ask questions and he gets locations in your area where items your looking for or will need.If he doesn't know he finds out or gives web sites to connect to. I did see that if your item has a texture it is harder to attach I think.But it would well b e worth checking it out.Hope this helps
  • cicadacat
    hace 10 años
    Thanks, feeny and geoellen! It does sound like a great idea and a perfect solution for the bi-colored appliances that we see so often. I'll look into both the product information (I do see they are attached by magnets, making it easy to apply with less likelihood that they would damage the original finish) and masterhandyman.com. There are so many great sites out there these days (like this one!) where folks can share wonderful ideas and experiences and help one another. I love it.
  • PRO
    Precision Granite & Marble
    hace 7 años

You might need more than just the one slab hard to tell from the pics but it looks like your kitchen is borderline 1/2 slabs.

Love the color selection, we did a couple of kitchens out of that color, one of them the homeowner paid to have a leather finish put on it and we color enhanced it. It turned out great.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.