Houzz Logo Print
heathery829

Decomposed Granite in Detroit

heathery829
hace 6 años

Arg. Should have asked here last year.

I am in metro Detroit. I wanted a DCG patio and path. I couldn't get anyone to do it, no one has heard of it! Found a guy willing to do it, got some from a local shop and it's junk. It's basically pea gravel with fines.

Does anyone know of a place to get real decomposed granite around metro Detroit?

Comentarios (7)

• Aurora Tee (Zone 6a)
    hace 5 años

Heathery, do you ever find anyone in the Detroit area? I am thinking the same and am having a difficult time finding someone who knows about crushed stone patios. None of the landscape yards I have called seem to know what I am referring to.

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    hace 5 años

What crushed rock is available will vary around the country/world. It's not going to pay to obtain exotic crushed stone that must be imported. Find the best for your area and use it.

• Aurora Tee (Zone 6a)
    hace 5 años

Yardvaark, exotic it won't be, but I am sure having a hard time figuring out what the correct term is here in Michigan for just the basic product. My concern from what I am reading is that a crushed stone without a stabilizer can become muddy, divots, etc. I will not DIY but hire a pro to do. I have read as many threads as I can find here about these patios and want to learn more if they are a good idea for rainy & snowy climates. It will be a secondary patio area. I started a new thread on the subject as well.

• PRO
    KD Landscape
    hace 5 años

Here in Illinois most of our decomposed granite is sourced from Wisconsin and more specifically from Kafka. You might try contacting them as you research options. I believe they ship all over the Midwest.

https://www.kafkagranite.com/short-guide-need-know-decomposed-granite

Good luck with your project.

• PRO
    Omega Brick & Landscaping
    hace 4 años

I am aware this thread is a year old. However, I have made patios and pathways out of chips n dust here in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This is an angular finely crushed stone fixed with stone dust. Once compacted and washed down, the dust settles and the surface becomes very firm while remaining fairly free draining. Additionally, you don’t end up with a “muddy” surface, unless of course mud washes onto the patio/ walkway. In Grand Rapids and surrounding areas, the best place to buy this is Grand Rapids Gravel.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.