Houzz Logo Print
dough71

POLL: Would this door style look good in a farmhouse kitchen?

dough71
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

We are gutting our kitchen and getting all new everything (including 8" wide plank white oak floors). The kitchen cabinets will be painted off-white. I like the simplicity of shaker-style cabinet doors; however, they are a bit too modern/stark/cold for my taste. I'm looking for something that will give our house a traditional/classic look to carry us through the years.

Do you think this kitchen cabinet door style would look good in a farmhouse kitchen and give me the warmth/character I am looking for?

Yes
No
Other opinions/comments

Comentarios (7)

• Godswood
    hace 6 años

To me the glazing makes the door look slightly worn and warm, definitely not cold or stark.

• PRO
    Therese Ciesinski
    hace 6 años

Maybe it's the photo, but to me that white looks icy and grayish, not warm.

• dough71
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Just to clarify for everyone...I'm just looking at the STYLE of this cabinet door, NOT the color or the glazing, as my cabinets will be painted off-white and will not be glazed.

• friedajune
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Just to clarify for everyone...I'm just looking at the STYLE of this cabinet door, NOT the color or the glazing,

Well then why on earth would you post that photo and have a poll "does this door style look good?" Post the photo of what you are actually looking at. How are we supposed to know which aspect of "style" you are talking about? The glaze? The distressing? The bead around the panel? Sheesh. Post another photo and have it be what you are asking about.

• User
    hace 6 años

Too many nooks and crannies for the real dirt to gather. The fake dirt, aka glazing, shows that well.

• PRO
    Attaway Homes
    hace 6 años

Here is an example of cabinetry similar to that style that works nicely. The key is to make sure the hardware also exemplifies a farmhouse style. I wish you luck and hope that you don't let negativity of other posters keep you from pursuing your project!

dough71 agradeció a Attaway Homes
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.