Houzz Logo Print
sjb2814

Rug on screened porch? Suggestions please!

S Bailey
hace 6 años

I love our screened porch, even in gloomy February. While I'm happy with the furniture and the space, I keep wondering if I should add an area rug. Will it impede the easy movement of furniture? (Right now we flip the chairs around to face the sofa when we have a group over.) Will it detract from the view, including the (summertime) wildflower garden below and the little mini lake across? (This porch connects directly to our kitchen via sliding doors.) Will it conflict with the rest of our Scandinavian modern home (the porch furniture was brought from our former house, and we love it, but it is definitely not Scandinavian modern). On the positive side, would it bring the room together? What would you recommend for size/color/pattern? (Note, during warmer months, we do warm the space up with plants, etc.)

Comentarios (5)

• S Bailey
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Oh, and I'd rather not have to switch out the cushions -- they are sort of pollen colored.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 6 años

Beautiful home. I think adding a rug would really help pull the space together. There are tons of outdoor rugs that could easily fit the Scandinavian look. A rug makes a seating area feel put together and cohesive, rather than randomly placed.

S Bailey agradeció a Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • threers
    hace 6 años

I have a polyester indoor/outdoor carpet on my porch. It looks like sisal and it has worn well. I got it at Lowe's Home Improvment.

S Bailey agradeció a threers
  • poogan
    hace 4 años

Does an indoor outdoor rug in a screened in porch just collect more dust and dirt, and get wet when it rains?

• PRO
    Little Red Door Inc.
    hace 4 años

That view is dreamy! I would put an area rug in the section that seems to have the sofa and coffee table and leave the two side chairs on their own. A indoor/outdoor carpet are best for this space as the fabric tends to be better when weather is added into the mix. The indoor/outdoor carpets tend to be light and easy to move, I don't think it would impede the moving of the furniture but that depends on what you're actually moving around. :)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.