Houzz Logo Print
helenbewick

Need help choosing worktops please!

Helen B
hace 6 años
Our new kitchen is almost finished but we’re struggling on choosing worktops. Cabinets are a mixture of matt ammonite and railings (farrow and ball), flooring is light oak.

Don’t want wood as it’s a pain to look after and I think there will be too much wood in the room. Was thinking a mid Grey Corrian but now thinking it will all be too matt. I didn’t think it would be so hard to choose a worktop for a 2 tone Kitchen!

Thanks for your advice!

Comentarios (14)

• Emily
    hace 6 años
    A worktop closer in colour to amonite was my thought? And the kitchen looks great by the way :)
  • Jo
    hace 6 años
    Lovely kitchen, what about a quartz worktop like Silestone. Agree with going for a colour in a similar tone to Ammonite, maybe white with a grey fleck e.g. Blanco Maple Silestone
  • Caz M
    hace 6 años
    We have just decided on this colour for our kitchen too (Railings) the worktop we have decided on is the silestone CALACATTA gold, it would great with your floor too as it has a brown (gold) vein running through it.
  • Emily
    hace 6 años
    Just attached a photo of my quartz worktop because it’s got the very slim edge which I think does go with the sort of simple modern you’ve gone for.
  • masamari
    hace 6 años
    That's an interesting question, we're dicussing just the same at the moment, as our new kitchen will have similar colours. First wie thought about a Quarz top colour matching the ammonite, but I think this looks a bit drab. Meanwhile I think the kitchen needs some freshness so we tend to use Silestone Blanco Zeus extreme. I'm not quite sure if this is practical in day to day use as you might see every little crumb on it. So maybe a marble toned Quarz with a fresh basic colour might be better, maybe Silestone Calcatta as suggested before. Maybe anyone who already used this scheme could post a photo?
  • Helen B
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks so much for your comments. Sounds like I need to get ordering some silestone samples
  • PRO
    The Luxury Code
    hace 6 años

I recently used a white silestone (similar to the one pictured) in a project and it looks fantastic so far (not complete yet) - this would complement your bank of tall units beautifully, it's a stunning material!

CONTEMPORARY LIVING | NEWTON AYCLIFFE · Más información

• Juliet Docherty
    hace 6 años

I would think about the colour, and opt for a grey with an undertone that suits the ammonite as that is the trickier than it working with the blue (getting similar things to work is always harder). Paint some ammonite onto a large flat piece of card or mount board (several coats) and then look at it on the same plane as the worktop. That way will help decide if you need to go darker or lighter.Are there going to be any tiles behind?

Highgate Family Home · Más información

Bert and May House Renovation · Más información

• Sonia
    hace 6 años
    I think a lovely pale grey quartz, sort of marble colours, would look fab, especially against the dark units. Classic and elegant. My friend has a Corian worktop but she is upset as it has scratched. It also has watermarked, despite wiping up spills straight away, so maybe not a good option. Granite is also a good tough option.
  • Carolina
    hace 6 años
    Have you looked at Dekton or Neolith?
  • jackiemplummer
    hace 6 años

I think that recycled glass worktops are stunning, but you do have to take a bit of care, i.e. no hot pans on it. You could go for the pale one with blueish glass in it or the pale one with warm tones to pick out the floor colour and complement the dark blue. … http://www.eos-surfaces.com/geos/residential/geos-colorsamples/

• PRO
    SUN STUDIO.London - Glassworks and Prints
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Hi Helen,

I hope you are well.

I can see a really nice kitchen there, it is spacious so you have a lot of potentials, don't you? :))

How about ice-cracked, toughened worktops? These will be fabulous with your current design.

Let us know if you are interested if so, give us a call at 020 343 99 236.

The process is simple:

1. 1. Our team makes a survey
    2. 2. We make drawings
    3. 3. Now, drawings application happens as we print the glass
    4. 4. Best day ever - > Installation

Best!

SunStudio.London Team

• PRO
    CGM ,Ltd
    hace 6 años

Check Stoneitaliana.com w. It's top quality Quartz, I'm sure you'll find the perfect match.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.