sloedjinn

Track lighting for kitchen- LED spotlights?

sloedjinn
hace 6 años

I know people hate it but it’s what i’ve got and and it’s not feasible to replace it, nor is it feasible to add in more electric boxes to the ceiling for other fixtures. I’m trying maximize what I’m stuck with.

The track is over my island and provides the primary lighting for my small but open kitchen. It’s pretty standard H track. When my renovation is finished I will also have LED strip lighting under the open shelves on the perimeter wall.

I would like to add more light, especially to the top part of the room. I currently have metal pendants hung from the track and they only shine light downwards. My 11 foot ceilings tend to disappear in the gloom.

The track itself is 7ft long and from some basic googling it seems that the rule is one fixture per foot of track. So that means I have room, theoretically, for four more fixtures on the track. I thought I could get some spotlights and bounce light off the ceilings and upper walls. However, I’ve noticed the price of fixtures varies considerably, from about ten bucks each to a couple hundred each. If I buy the cheaper light, are they going to break or burn out right away? Since getting them onto the track will involve hiring someone (11 foot ceilings and me petrified of being on ladders), I want them to go up and then I don’t have to think about them for years.

What is the practical difference between this fixture for $28

https://www.totaltracklighting.com/maximus-led-track-light-white-cone-line-voltage-fixture-head-12watt-wide-flood-3-wire-h-style-dimmable.html

vs. This one for $270

https://www.lumens.com/ledme-exterminator-ii-35w-track-head-by-wac-lighting-WACP149502.html#prefn1=StandardColor&sz=48&start=0&prefv1=White&cgid=234&&tileIndex=15

I’m on a super low budget, just having spent a lot of money on cabinets and some new appliances, so the cheaper ones would be better if they can do what I need, but I could wait and save up if the cheaper ones are just junk. How do I even evaluate though?

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    JSL, Inc. - Lighting Design
    hace 6 años

SUper low budget, go for the $28 fixture! The other fixture will give better light, and last longer but not at that price difference. Use an LED lamp in them, that will solve the ladder issue.

You should be able to find a bowl or some glass pendant that puts out light like a chandelier, that will fill the room with light and solve the gloom issue.

The rule of thumb with track is to not exceed the power limit on the control device. If you put 15- 10 watt LED's on the track that is only 150 watts.

Good Luck

Jim

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.