Houzz Logo Print
rjs_home

Tv on top of real fire?

rjs_home
hace 6 años
Hi we are thinking of getting a real fire put into this room but was wondering if anybody knows if its ok to put a tv on top? I have seen a lot of pictures online where tv’s r hung on top of real fires but not sure if it actually is safe?

Comentarios (8)

• jheath118
    hace 6 años
    We have a TVs on the chimney breast and there is no issue at all.
  • Carolina
    hace 6 años
    And besides the fact that isn’t that good for the TV, the height won’t be right either.
    Ideally the centre of the TV should be at eye level when sitting down.

But you have space enough next to the fireplace for a TV, don’t you?
  • Heather W
    hace 6 años
    We are asking ourselves the same question. I spoke to one wood burner installer who said it was ok to put the tele over the top of the fire. My other half isn’t convinced, he thinks it will damage the tele. If your tele is an expensive one maybe contact your home insurance provider... they’ll tell you straight away if you’ll be covered or not. It does look appealing.
  • Heather W
    hace 6 años
    I’m not sure what the other side of your room looks like but I’ve been in a few homes where the tv is placed on the wall opposite to the fire and both sofas placed either side facing each other. That way you get the benefit of the fire and the tele and everyone facing each other.
  • PRO
    The Pleasure Home
    hace 6 años

We have been putting TVs above fireplaces for 15 years now! You should leave at least 100cm clearance from the top of the fireplace and if the wall is thin, add heat insulation behind the TV.

To see our full response on TV aesthetics please follow this link below:

[TV above the Fireplace - solving the neck ache![(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/tv-positioning-and-should-i-paint-the-mantelpiece-dsvw-vd~5051726)

This month, we will be importing a new dynamic TV mount, that is specifically designed to easily lower TV's that are fitted above a fireplace/protuding mantelpiece for comfortable viewing. The target UK price for the slim mount unit will be £599 including the ability to swivel it left and right (see photos attached). This solution is also ideal for moving the TV away from toddlers when not in use!

Please also click on the two video links below (highlighted in green):

Comfortable TV viewing for TV's above fireplaces

Installer review of "down and out" mount over Fireplace

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Not good idea at all. What you saw probably gas FP.

You have enough space for TV on the right from FP. Get right size media console.

• PRO
    CARVAJAL
    hace 6 años
    Tv's aesthetically should be somewhere else, aside from the much lower height the TV should positioned.

Make a feature out of that amazing fireplace.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.