Houzz Logo Print
chuckbass621

Cabin Dedcor Advice

Jennifer
hace 6 años
We have an awesome room in our cabin, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Our entire cabin is wood planks, and the wood in this room is the least valuable/beautiful, so I'm thinking of painting an area (Pratt and Lambert Sierra night) as shown in my poorly photoshopped picture. I am also planning on a giant gallery wall where the flag is currently. I am not sure what to do about the layout of this room. I had an idea, but now my husband is second guessing it. I just feel as though the area behind the couches near the table is wasted space. Any and all ideas are appreciated! Sorry for the mess
PICS POSTED IN COMMENTS

Comentarios (16)

• Jennifer
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    photoshopped paint
  • Jennifer
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    different angle...wall with the flag goes up a ways, so giant gallery wall?
  • Jennifer
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    last angle...thinking about a long, low glass door bookcase to hold games and things along this wall, under window
  • Jennifer
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    oops, here's last angle
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 6 años

• Jennifer
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I should add that all furniture was included in the sale and the flag is not going to stay there. We won't have a TV in this room. It's not our primary residence, so we haven't done much to it, yet. My tastes lean towards vintage/modern if that makes sense. I want it to be cozy!
  • Kicksychick
    hace 6 años

Where does the ladder lead to? Perhaps the extra space behind the sofas could be used to create real stairs to the upper level? I agree with others, don't paint the wood but use art and furniture to add color. Alternatively, paint all the wood in the room a soft white, including the upper area.

• PRO
    Seldens Furniture
    hace 6 años

If your plans allow you to replace the upholstery I would go that route. The black leather is more modern than the rustic feel of your home. I would suggest an upholstered set, or sectional in a brown toned leather. Good luck!

[Sofa[(https://www.houzz.com/products/abbott-85-sofa-prvw-vr~4056774?lid=411026)

[Chair[(https://www.houzz.com/products/alcott-club-chair-prvw-vr~4056850?lid=411087)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 6 años

What a hideous green .That color always reminds me of 100% polyester pants in the 80’s . I am not a huge wood lover but this is quite a cool space and IMO you need more lighting before choosing anything else all I see is a lot of wasted space that could be fabulous without the overstuffed run of the mill sofas. @ nice seating areas could work , some great rugs

• Jennifer
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    barbara...It's a loft area. yes we are thinking of either a spiral staircase or a her open looking staircase.
  • Jennifer
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    i hate the black furniture! not my style at all...just included in the sale.
  • PRO
    Seldens Furniture
    hace 6 años

I see...what a fun project you have ahead of you! Beings you like vintage/modern you could look into some industrial accent pieces. It would work well with the rustic look and adding the metal would help alleviate "wood overload" :)

I still see brown leather upholstery as a great option, but a neutral colored fabric sofa/sectional would work too!

[Media Cabinet[(https://www.houzz.com/products/shadow-box-media-console-prvw-vr~55157543?lid=415715)

[Living Room Looks[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/living-room-looks-living-room-seattle-phvw-vp~107975439)

[Adjustable-End Table[(https://www.houzz.com/products/rockwell-adjustable-table-30-black-prvw-vr~4059820?lid=413571)

• Kicksychick
    hace 6 años

The consensus appears to be No to the green paint, but everyone agrees that you have an awesome cabin! Think about a games table with comfy chairs for your empty space. A spiral staircase to the loft would be great, especially if it goes up into what is currently the ceiling so it does not jut out into the living room like the ladder (use the wood removed from the ceiling to fill in the current loft entry).

I would place a sofa on the wall with your photo gallery and another sofa facing it. Then add chairs facing the window and a low cabinet behind the second sofa for storage.

Here's a photo to show the idea around painting all the walls a soft white.

And a spiral staircase into the ceiling . . .

• Jennifer
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    barabara....love that furniture arrangement idea. I na lso never thought about the stasircase going into the ceiling, but that would be amazing!
  • PRO
    Paragon Stairs
    hace 6 años

A spiral staircase is a great choice for loft access with a small footprint. Our smallest diameter, a 3'6" would only take up a 42" circle in your floorplan.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.