Houzz Logo Print
devyon

HELP with backsplash!!!

devyon
hace 6 años

Hi Everyone! We are almost done building but need to make a decision on our kitchen backsplash. Can you guys help? We will have black hardware and a medium tone wood floor. Below is a pic of our kitchen. What would you guys do? I’ve looked at dark gray tiles or white. White feels like too much white but the dark gray sort doesnt feel right with black hardware. I want it to be very clean and classic. Thoughts? Pics below of our kitchen and some options. Open to others though!

Comentarios (31)

• PRO
    Cyrus Construction
    hace 6 años

I think the white hexagon tiles would look great!

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Try an ogee or arabesque shaped tile in a soft blue or gray-green that will inject a bit of color but still be in keeping with your other selections. Will also provide a bit of visual interest to break up all the rectalinear surfaces.

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 6 años

It appears that the island cabinetry is gray? I would pull in the gray in the island on the backsplash.

The very right tile on the top photo looks good to me.

• Maureen
    hace 6 años

Perhaps a white & grey tile done in an lovely pattern - herringbone or chevron for example and use a light grey grout.

• acm
    hace 6 años

Another vote for color, maybe a pale bottle green...

• devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

So in looking at the comments, it looks like the theme of white might be too much white, right? I just see all of these beautiful primarily white kitchens that I love but I want it to look right in my space.

• PRO
    Clare Sells Homes, Inc.
    hace 6 años

Stunning kitchen! I would recommend the white hexagon tiles (on the left) if you are going for a clean & timeless look. It will look very nice with the black hardware too! Post an updated pic when you're finished! So exciting!

devyon agradeció a Clare Sells Homes, Inc.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años

if you want to see what the white would look like, this kitchen is almost the same as yours....

it's nice, but that white subway is so trite at this point.

Have you thought about doing cement tiles? ton's of colors/patterns. this is a bold black and white,,,but you get the idea (notice the wood beams like yours)

you could also do a herringbone pattern for a little interest. these are longer marble subway tiles (2x10 or 2x12)

you could also do a glazed brick type of subway. CleTiles, Fireclay tile, and Tilebar all make them.

CleTiles has some beautiful handmade white ones

or their Zelleige in this fish scale would look really nice w/you elements. just enough of a pale blue/gray to work w/your countertop and your island. would also compliment the wood elements beautifully.

devyon agradeció a Beth H. :
  • devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I love the herringbone marble tiles!!!!

• devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Beth H. our lights are the Hinkley Fulton in the pick below. I did simple black hardware but should I change to gold or do you think the black would look good if I did a marble looking backspash?

• devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Can you mix gold and black hardware? Like black on the white cabinets and do gold on the gray? Or is that weird?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años

the Cle tiles in the fish scale. (love these)

it's hard to photo shop these lantern shape cement tiles,,,these would interlock w/each other,,but I like the way it looks.

also like the cement tiles. goes wonderfully w/your wood beams.

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 6 años

You absolutely can mix them. I'd do gold on the island and black on the white (as you say).

devyon agradeció a CDR Design, LLC
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años

nice lights. If you're doing the gold lights, I would do a very soft, gold hardware. I do like the black as well, but unless you have the black in the lighting and the faucet, I think it will look a little heavy.

look at the champagne or very pale gold brass,,,

or even something like these

or do both! two tone black/gold

• devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

What exactly do you mean unless you have the black in the lighting? The lights are black iron with the brass just on the inside portion like the pic above. I have struggled to find the gold handles like that, any suggestions?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años

sorry devyon,,,at first glance I thought they were all brass. my bad.

then yes, you could do either. what are you doing for the faucet? Black or the gold?

There are tons of gold handles to match your lighting. They don't have to be the exact, same color. you could do a lighter gold if you prefer. What exactly are you struggling with

• devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Well we purchased a brushed stainless faucet :( but now I am second guessing it. Our appliances are all stainless. Is that bad? I was just having a hard time finding gold bar handles at a reasonable price online.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años

what's reasonable? try knobs4less or something similar. you can also try AliExpress. They come straight from overseas so you can cut out the middleman and save quite a bit. I ordered my gold cabinet hardware for my closet w/them. It's the same stuff you get online through the hardware companies. There are many vendors on Ali, so shop around. some have minimums, some don't

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 6 años

You'll be fine with a stainless faucet. Here is black, gold and stainless mixed in a kitchen.

• PRO
    The Village Country Store
    hace 6 años

I think your kitchen is absolutely stunning devyon! What ever you decide will be perfect ...look how gorgeous it is already! You have impeccable taste and interior design!

devyon agradeció a The Village Country Store
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 6 años

What color will/are the walls painted. Grey? How much backsplash is there in the kitchen?

• devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

The walls are Sherwin Williams 70% Repose Gray. Cabinets are SW Pure White and island is SW Dovetail. There will be backsplash along the back wall you see, a little on the right side of the kitchen next to the refrigerator, and then a little on the right side of the kitchen under the windows. See pictures below.

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 6 años

There is a nice feeling of continuity when the backsplash is a similar color to the walls.

• devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I love that bottom one CR Design!

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 6 años

Yes.....you don't get that choppy feeling of tile vs. wall color.

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 6 años

Here is Repose Gray and yours is a little lighter than this at 70%, correct?

• devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Yes!

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 6 años

This tile would work if you want something slightly darker than the paint color.

You also will need to think about where you will be ending the tile vertically.

• devyon
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Is that a gray glass tile? That's what I was initially trying to go for with the subway glass we had in the first pictures but the light color came off a little green in natural light which I didn't like. The one you have above is pretty though!

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 6 años

That is actually a screenshot of the tile you posted above! LOL It came out as more gray in your photos. So, if you liked that, now you know you want something like it, but more gray.

Repose Gray does have green in it, so I wouldn't go too charcoal.

devyon agradeció a CDR Design, LLC
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.