Houzz Logo Print
sarahj512

what color to paint the front door?

sarahj512
hace 6 años
New door and cultured stones. now what color to paint it?

Comentarios (43)

• Stacey
    hace 6 años
    Looks really pretty and love the burgundy door idea.
  • Bri Bosh
    hace 6 años
    Like the burgundy, or black?
  • Susan Davis
    hace 6 años

The rust rock in a deep shade would be lovely and work with the surrounding nature.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

are you refinishing that deck so it looks like a nice, warm cedar or redwood? something like this: (I think you should or any door color will look blah)

that would help immensely and look great against a black or Urbane Bronze by SW.

or any of these

or these amber shades.

I don't care for that red or any maroon shade. maybe a deep aubergine. this color would pick up on the roof tone.

• dover P
    hace 6 años

A color like this or

a darker blue that reads almost gray

if youre bold a coral

and lastly a nice earthy gray green

• zealart
    hace 6 años

I think aubergine or a blue would be lovely. Red doesn't look that great with that stone.

• PRO
    Milano Doors
    hace 6 años

Hello. I would advise you to paint this door dark blue or dark turquoise color.

• sarahj512
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you for all the great options. Yes we are refinishing the deck, however we live in michigan and the warm temps are running out might be a spring project :( Off to rhe paunt store to get color swatches.
  • sarahj512
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    would you paimt the garage door also? This is the road side to our river house. new landscaping and and concrete for the sidewalk.
  • Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

I'm liking the peppercorn color.

• katinparadise
    hace 6 años

I like the Peppercorn Porter shows. I would consider painting the downspouts the same color as the siding and painting the garage door a few shades lighter than the siding. Adding some faux windows to the garage door would break up the large expanse.

• sarahj512
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

In the light of all the work we started to do and excited to get started I never thought about the molding around the door??? OHHH now I am disappointed in this project I orginally wanted a bigger molding around the sides and the top of the door :( can't put it on know.. SO what do I do with the top of the door or hasn't anyone really noticed that the door looks small. Also I wanted a address marker in the stone, Talk about BAD BAD planning on our part. We were more worried about the michigan weather and the time frame we had!! SOO sad. :( Thank you eveyone about the door color, I have not yet decided on it. Lots of colors!! I do think we are going to use the Faux windows on the garage I have looked into them and they seem to add a nice touch to the door. Thank you

• lhutch13
    hace 6 años
    A terra cotta orange.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 6 años

That door IMO should blend with the wall like shown above. Additionally, it requires a canopy to keep rain of the entrance

That cultured stone was a mistake IMO. I would have used cedar shakes like you see below and added a metal canopy over the door entrance. This one below with the white support would have blended nicely.

Then a white wall pergola over the garage would help the appearance of the home.

• katinparadise
    hace 6 años

I love Beverly's idea of adding a metal canopy of the door. It will add a lot of dimension to the entrance and provide cover as suggested. A pergola is a great idea as well. They're actually quite reasonably priced.

• acm
    hace 6 años

I would paint the garage door very close to the color of the siding, as it's already plenty prominent by position without needing the emphasis of contrasting paint. Bright color for door, though -- I'd try a rust or a medium blue.

dunno.

• PRO
    Spenard Builders Supply - Eagle River
    hace 6 años

Different door colors are suppose to mean different things like a Red Door means inviting or Welcoming . Orange is Exciting or you enjoy entertaining.

if this is your side door and not your main door i would go with something that blends in a little better. I liked the Gray that Porter Picked out personally.

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

It's tough, I certainly understand acm going for bright on the house to add some pizzaz. I just keep going for the colors in the stone and waiting for spring when the deck is done and pots flanking the porch with flowers and so on can bring in that element that's missing even after the door is painted.

Then I started to think a green tone for bringing in some of the landscape from the front yard and, "nature" if you will. I still do favor the peppercorn. I can see a pergola painted to match the window trim and perhaps a pergola same color over the garage.

The canopy or pergola as Beverly shows is a great idea!

• sarahj512
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I like the peppercorn also. The more I think about this I may wait until next spring to paint the door, I am looking into an awning for the door :) I think that would look nice and then landscaper is coming next week, I would like to see how it all ties in with the colors.

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

I do like the peppercorn as well.... keep in mind when looking for an awning what will tie in to the house facade/rock/roof and and work well with any door color. I'm sure they have different colors for the top portion.

• sarahj512
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    maybe this for an awning. landscape and concrete.
  • sarahj512
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    this for an awning and concrete
  • katinparadise
    hace 6 años

Nice choice for an awning! Stamped concrete is pretty but can be very slippery.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 6 años

A garage pergola could be repeated at the front door spanning from wall to wall.

• sarahj512
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    could someone draw me a pergola that you are referring too, my husband thinks that will not look good??
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 6 años

With peppercorn

I am not sure I like white garage door.

• PRO
  • User
    hace 6 años

Our front door is ornate patterned solid wood door. We imported it (into Australia) from an amazing company in Africa

• User
    hace 6 años

We built in a lovely quiet sleepy hollow one side borders on forest and the water catchment dam in our area, the 2nd side has big acreage blocks - awesome -beautiful views without the high maintenance . When we first moved into our home we had wonderful friendly neighbours. Sadly, quite a few of them have moved on. We have three neighbours bordering our home on our left are very rude uncouth "okka" Aussies, sadly. On our right we now have new VERY loud foul mouthed (everything thing is punctuated with the 'F' word multiple times) Irish who have 2 barking dogs--poor things just need training and attention. The third neighbours are the most amazing family of Thai people. They make up for the yukkie neighbors so we are very grateful for their friendly gracious ways.

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

Looks nice celerygirl! Maybe matching the trim color for the front door and the garage or doing them both in peppercorn with the white Pergola? Typically you would plant things that climb and aren't invasive on the pergola that works in your area/zone.

If you google, "garage door pergola" you can see some ideas with vines, etc.

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

Naturally, the pergola could be most any color you like as well.

• pitbulls
    hace 6 años

Grayed blue

• sillycannoli
    hace 6 años
    Maybe a more MCMish pergola?
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 6 años

I do not think that front door and garage door have to be matched.

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

I like it.... Yet, you are right it could be a color for the front door that is not over board. With vines and hopefully flowering some time of the year with what you have shown I thing it would look very pretty though. Nice!

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

Think, not thing :(

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

It is a bit monochromatic, but with planters on the porch and by the garage with flowering plants and a nice color with benches or chairs that tie in......

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

I see what you've shown with a nice yellow in tone chairs or chairs with a bench, black planters with yellow/white flowering foliage.....

• sarahj512
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    painted the door peppercorn and I love it!!
  • Marion Harris
    hace 5 años
    It looks amazing!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.