Houzz Logo Print
tcmmma

Guest room

tcmmma
hace 6 años
I do not know what to put on this blank wall. The bed is a charcoal gray. Any ideas is appreciated.

Comentarios (24)

• tcmmma
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    It’s just the wall with shutters then that big wall the other wall has tv and the other wall has a closet. Where would you put bed?
  • Gina P
    hace 6 años
    I agree. The room doesn’t look all that big but there is enough room to move the bed from the wall and add a small bedside table with lamp. Artwork above the bed.
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 6 años

if you have a big blank wall, why squash the bed into the corner?

• User
    hace 6 años
    I would as well move the bed away from the window.....is this a child’s room....how old are they and what is it that he/she likes I’m assuming
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 6 años

Center the bed on the wall where it is, or turn it so the headboard is in front of the window.

• shirlpp
    hace 6 años

Can you center the bed on that wall?....or....put it under the window?

• chloebud
    hace 6 años

I agree with Gina P.

• tcmmma
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I didn’t want to block the shutters because the head board is tall. I’m all confused now.
  • User
    hace 6 años
    What is wrong with the art signs you have on the floor? You can hang those or a painting, pictures, metal art, lighting you see in dorm rooms, a display shelf with art
  • tcmmma
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I bought the frame work that’s on the floor but I thought it was too light. You think I need something darker?
  • jmm1837
    hace 6 años
    I agree with the others that you need to move the bed away from the window wall. Also, you might want to put a small nightstand there - I always need somewhere handy to put my glasses, and I suspect I'm not alone :)
  • User
    hace 6 años
    A gold brass frame is nice but darker would be best
  • PRO
    carolinesdesignes
    hace 6 años

I would use drapery across the entire wall with window and use tie backs with sheers in center then I would center the bed on that wall. You would then be able to place a night stand on each side of the bed with lamps to give a cozy look.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 6 años

As a guest, I always try to tidy up before I leave my room in the morning. I would resent sleeping against the wall and being unable to get around the bed to straighten it up. Word signs are silly, IMO, so I'd return them for a nice piece of art to hang right of the window to be enjoyed from the bed. Anything you use as bedside tables needs to arrive at mattress height to be useful.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 6 años

It's okay to have the headboard in front of the window. Like this:

• User
    hace 6 años
    Tcmmma what is the size of the room I mean I believe someone already has asked you that and if this is a kids room....you never answered.
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 6 años

It's a guest room; in the title.

• User
    hace 6 años
    Oooooh...oops
  • tcmmma
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    The room is about 11 x11. On one side of wall I have a tv with small dresser I will post that when I get home, I like the idea of putting the bed in the middle of the wall but that would not leave too much walk space.
  • Gina P
    hace 6 años
    It doesn’t need to be directly in the middle of the large wall if that means you can’t open dresser drawers. If that’s the case just pull it from the window wall enough to walk around the bed comfortably.
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 6 años

You appear to have drawers under the bed and you can get a bedside table with drawers. That will allow you to wall mount TV (hiding gear in the closet if there is one) and clear the floor space taken up by the current dresser.

• PRO
    MyBetterShelf
    hace 6 años

Hello! We can help you with matching color floating bedside table - that way, creating a harmony in colors. The big wall surface can be loaded with floating shelves, larger artwork / paintings, etc. www.mybettershelf.com

• PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    hace 6 años

Pulling the bed out from the wall, and putting small side table (at least one on one side with a lamp on it) would be very nice to see. You could then wall mount the TV, and put nice artwork on the walls.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.