Houzz Logo Print
jacobaidenari

finishing carpet stair runner

D S
hace 6 años
to surge or not to surge at the bottom and top of stairs for a more finished look?

Comentarios (5)

• simstress
    hace 6 años
    What are the other options? Asking because I am considering a runner in the future.
  • PRO
    Koeber's Interiors: Flooring, Furniture, Windows
    hace 6 años

We typically bring the runner all the way to the bottom of the stairs and tuck. It is more inviting. Serging the edge will be a nice look especially with the carpet you're looking at. Here's a few we've done recently.

Good luck on your project!

• acm
    hace 6 años

Sorry that not all of us know all the lingo. I usually end under the top step, and whether under the bottom step or at the floor depends on the condition and treatment of the risers.

• D S
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Ok Thanks! I have seen a few installed with a frayed edge at bottom and definitely want to avoid that. Thanks again!
  • PRO
    The Persian Carpet
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Serge (looks much more tailored ) and do not do the bottom riser---tuck it under lip of first step

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.