Houzz Logo Print
interiorphotos2022

Are these tiles dated and ugly

interiorphotos2022
hace 6 años
Hello,

I have grey tiles in the foyer, guest bathroom and master ensuite. They are in mint condition installed brand new just 4 years ago. I am not sure if they look cheap and ugly.
They are fine. Keep them
They are ugly and cheap. Change them.

Comentarios (15)

• interiorphotos2022
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    More pics
  • Maria Privat
    hace 6 años

They look fine to me. But somehow they are not your taste? Maybe it will grow on you? On my computer they look a greyish brown on one picture and a dark greige on another one.

Have you considered hanging up some kind of art above the bath? In a set of two. Able to sustain the wet environment.

• Wintheway Fixit
    hace 6 años

I think they are fine. Sounds like you wouldn't choose them if you were remodeling now, but I certainly wouldn't spend a lot of money to redo them now. I agree adding some bright towels, art, etc. would liven the spaces up drastically!

• User
    hace 6 años

No, I’d say the room just needs a splash of color to brighten it up. In towels, a nice picture over the tub, that sort of thing...

• nasmijati
    hace 6 años
    The tiles are in good condition. Keep them.

Look into various types and colors of bath towels and bath mats. Perhaps use moisture resistant art on the walls, as well. I suggest bright colors and patterns rather than "spa white."
  • artsyphartsy_home_maker
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I love your counter material, is it Ceasarstone Misty Carrara? I do like your tile, my advice -- I think to make it pull together & work better you just need one large piece of art, perhaps an unframed canvas over the tub to pull it all together and also add a large rug on the floor.

Make sure the art is LARGE. A mistake I often see people make is going way to small & dinky with their art for the space it is hanging on. Chose a piece of art that includes the color of the tile as one of the colors in the art. Make sure the art has a lot of tonal contrast. Or use high contrast black & white photo art which would go great with your gray tile. Change your rug to a larger size rug with a big bold design and an inviting texture that makes you want to stand on it in your bare feet. Most materials in most bathrooms are hard & smooth, the rug will add some much needed softness & visual warmth. Adding some nice luxurious fluffy towels will help too. You can keep the rug neutral in color as long as it has a bold large scale design. Or you could add a pop of color in the rug depending on what you like. I would make the Pattern in the rug, & the pattern in the art, larger than the scale of the individual tiles. Accessories are everything! Play around & try different things until you find what you like, you can always return what you don't like. --that was my two cents for what it's worth.

• PRO
    it'sALLart
    hace 6 años

Yes, agreed, you are lacking art and color... that would immediately draw the eye away from the gray tiles. I think they look fine as is.

• PRO
    Attaway Homes
    hace 6 años

I agree - they are in wonderful condition and no need to replace. They are showing up as different colors in the pics so not sure what the true color is. Bring color into the bathroom with decorative accents like towels and wall prints.

• PRO
    Decor & More, LLC
    hace 6 años

I think the tiles are great! Classic, clean and neutral. You need to bring in accent pieces that incorporate a favorite color.

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    hace 6 años

While they could be a little better, I certainly don't think it's worth the effort to replace them. They look fine!

• Dancingtree
    hace 6 años

I guess I'm the odd "person" out here. I think they are boring and would definitely change them if I had the money and time to do it. That said, I agree with everyone that you need to make the space yours! Add things that you love, whether it's color, art, pottery, copper, flowers... anything that makes you feel at home and happy. Right now it reminds me of a bathroom in a hotel room, no personality. No offense intended, just my opinion.

I'm wondering if this is a new house? It doesn't sound like you had this put in and then became unhappy with it. Good luck!

• PRO
    Niche Interiors
    hace 6 años

If they are in great condition, I would keep them! Add a piece of artwork over the tub, cozy white towels, and fresh flowers to keep the bathrooms feeling light and fresh. See below for some inspiration photos on how to style a bathroom :) Good luck!

• User
    hace 6 años

They are neutral enough, just don't look "high end." They may disappear with the right paint color or accessories.

• Momof5x
    hace 6 años

They look fine also to me, just add some bright accessories etc and it will look great. Just a bit curious why in one pic the tiles are halfway down the bath area wall and in another it goes all the way up? It looks better with the tile way up so they walls don't get damage from the water.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.