Houzz Logo Print
kerry_ansell

Final throws of extension. Final question!

Kerry Ansell
hace 6 años
As you can see from photos my sink faces into open dining/living area. I'm having a low profile composite sink and not keen on thought of the tap( boiling water combo) being in the middle of sink and so in middle of the open area. I had thought to put tap on counter as in photos but not sure if it will look odd! I know taps sit on counter with undercounter sinks but what does the Houzz community think please?!

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Anna Auzins Interiors Ltd.
    hace 6 años

What material is your countertop? In general I don't see a problem with the tap being on the counter (just make sure that it actually reaches as far as it needs to!), but if it is a wood worktop then you might consider having a piece of stone there; wooden worktops can show water damage fairly quickly, and it's not always feasible to remember to wipe it after using the tap each time!

• Kerry Ansell
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Laminate wood effect worktop. 900 mm to allow sink to be a decent way away from living space and L shaped sofa infront( which isn't white as in photo but a teal fabric! Thanks for the input. X
  • LTS
    hace 6 años
    Which hot water tap are you getting? We have the Quooker Fusion Flex & it is fine.
  • Lauren
    hace 6 años

Hi Kerry,

Personally I think the tap to one side looks a bit odd in what is quite a classic kitchen design. Also if you're standing at the sink you'll be looking well over the top of the tap so I don't think it'll impact the 'view' as such. It'll just fade into the background anyway once you have a plant pot/fruit bowl etc on the counter.

• Kerry Ansell
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Your right. Have had a change of heart and now tap in middle of sink unit with a 1 1/2 sink.
  • PRO
    Quooker UK
    hace 6 años

Hi Kerry, great to hear that you have chosen to install a boiling water tap, please let us know if you would like to speak to a Quooker representative about our products.

• cazSF
    hace 6 años
    Kerry, how are you getting on? I’m curious about the undermount sink with a laminate worktop - I’ve been told that’s not possible..?
  • Kerry Ansell
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I wasn’t planning an under counter sink but wondered whether to place tap on counter as they do with this sinks. In the end we put tap in sink but used a low profile sink and drainer. The whole extension now finished at it looks great!
  • LTS
    hace 6 años
    Cazsf you would need to put edging tape where the worktop has been cut out for the sink. We have a Dekton worktop in our utility & our builder advised us to change the undermounted sink we’d purchased for this reason...adding edging tape could be tricky & isn’t very practical where water is involved.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.