Houzz Logo Print
julia_saeed

Any advice for decorating ?i though it will be easy..

Julia Saeed
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

i though it will be easy,but furniture is little bit big (should i switch chairs with left sofa?)and I don't like how it goes together with colors. ..Tv will be on tap of fire place and i want to hang curtains also.and I need id for the tiny entry way ☺️☺️Thank you all

Comentarios (28)

• einportlandor
    hace 6 años

Can you swing the sofa by the window around so it faces the fireplace? It would define an entryway, which might be nice. If that works then try the chairs by the window with a small table between them. I keep moving stuff around until it feels right, but I'm not a designer so it's always trial and error in my house. Maybe a designer will chime in here with some better ideas.

Julia Saeed agradeció a einportlandor
  • happyleg
    hace 6 años

Can love seat go elsewhere? Try love seat facing fp & chairs near dining. U have nothing behind chairs. Cabinet & art there. Narrow & round end tables. Feeling boxed in. Or floor lamp on right of couch or left. Round or oval coffee table.

Julia Saeed agradeció a happyleg
  • happyleg
    hace 6 años

I would do both rooms same color.

Julia Saeed agradeció a happyleg
  • PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 6 años

I agree, switch the chairs to the window with a small table between them and move the love seat to where the chairs are now. And get a rug - with greys I usually suggest a rug with some color like blue, red, or green. Which of those 3 is your favorite color?

• Julia Saeed
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I like to stay more with natural colors,but I already have so much silver..maybe gold or white?

i like the idea with chairs close to window,let me get my curtain and I will check how it go

• susanopeno182
    hace 6 años
    Another benefit to putting one of the sofas where the chairs are now is that it will define the entryway as its own space. Maybe a narrow console behind the sofa for accent lamps, mail, keys, etc.
  • happyleg
    hace 6 años

Art add behind sofa. Add accent colors with your pillows & curtains.

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

i don't know what you mean by more natural color, gray goes with pretty much anything. are you going with monotone or do you have other colors you would like to bring in?

• groveraxle
    hace 6 años

Since your dining room is beige, I added beige to the living area. You'll need to add some black to the dining area to tie them together. I removed the chairs because they're not really appropriate living room chairs and they close off the space. I also moved your fireplace so it's centered between the sofas.

• User
    hace 6 años

Why is your fireplace not against the wall?

• Ellen Van der Auwera
    hace 6 años

The couches are far too big for the space. I would get rid of those and add a nice corner couch instead. About the colour scheme, I feel like the couches are too dark. Especially in such a small room, they demand all the attention. I would go for a lighter grey and pull it together with a nice rug like groveraxle did.

• tlparks
    hace 6 años

If you keep the chairs, I might suggest you try flanking them on each side of fireplace, possibly at an angle, and slide the two couches away from the fireplace wall a bit. Maybe a foot or two.

• Julia Saeed
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Still working on it,but getting better

yes,i like to stay more with monotone .what about white or light gold blanket and some pillows for the sofa ..curtains are "storm grey" vintage color

or it's going to be too much gold? i think to put black console table and mirror (silver or gold color) for entry way

and thanks for advice about black color to dining room

• Julia Saeed
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

• groveraxle
    hace 6 años

Julia, the TV over the fireplace ruins the whole space. I like the gold tables, though they're a little matchy, but that's OK. The rug is too small. And those chairs look more like dining chairs; they're not TV watching chairs.

I would suggest you try a sofa where the chairs are in your last photo, and that you put the TV over a console to the right of the fireplace. Then find one or two armchairs to place in front of the window.

• groveraxle
    hace 6 años

Everly Quinn Agnes 51" TV Stand & Reviews | Wayfair · Más información

• jrst
    hace 6 años

hate to say it but I would remove one of the couches. Put the chairs opposite the couch (between living and dining room) and use an area rug to kind of separate the rooms. Put a small, narrow console table on the wall by the from door if there is room. A good place to add some ambient light and drop your keys and mail

• User
    hace 6 años
    I agree with jrst that area is way too small for two big sofas
  • happyleg
    hace 6 años

No tv above fp, ruins focal point. Put tv left of fp.

• outshopping422
    hace 6 años

Julia...Your new furniture arrangement looks good :)

Julia Saeed agradeció a outshopping422
  • happyleg
    hace 6 años

? :)

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

since we are doing gold can we replace one with this?

Sites-athome-Site · Más información

End & Side Tables You'll Love · Más información

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

yummy, yummy pillows! one thing i can not tell if those are light or dark gray couches. if they are dark gray, do not put big splotches of light colors on them, it looks like big holes. you need more medium saturated.

Pillows | Joss & Main · Más información

Gray Art Silk Pintucks And Sequins Pillows Cover, Yellow Treasures · Más información

Snow Leopard Faux Fur Throw Pillow · Más información

San Juan Throw Pillow & Reviews | AllModern · Más información

Modern Decorative + Throw Pillows | AllModern · Más información

Amazon.com: throw pillow silver glitter bow tie · Más información

Pillow Perfect Glory Throw Pillow, 16.5-Inch, Dusk · Más información

Amazon.com: 39;Curious39; Grey and Yellow Abstract Art Pillow Cover 20x20: Home · Más información

Amazon.com: Yellow Grey Black Urban Abstract Painting Rf9008c0a0fa14b54b265dded5 · Más información

Metallic Sequins Flower Art Silk Silver Lumbar Pillow Cover, Mystic Silks · Más información
    choose which you think go best. otherwise let me know and i will dump and get more.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 6 años

Put the fireplace on the entry side with art above it and a basket on the mantel to catch your keys, etc when you enter. Get a low credenza for the TV wall and lower the TV to form a vignette with it. Should be 25% wider than the TV. Return or sell one of the sofas and buy a small game table to go with the two chairs in front of the window. Hang drapes as illustrated.

• Susan Davis
    hace 6 años

Have you considered the sofas on the two long walls, one flat and one window wall, and put the fireplace in your bedroom...the room is looking squished. I would dump the fireplace if you want more seating or get rid of a sofa if you want the fireplace but not both.....just an opinion.

• felizlady
    hace 6 años
    The sofa under the windows is CROWDING the fireplace.
    You realize the furniture is too large, but can you return them?
    (This is why I always suggest that people bring detailed room measurements when they go shopping.)
    If you can't return the sofas, you are just going to have to spend a day trying different arrangements until something works. Then add a large rug to give the room some color, making sure it's big enough to have at least the front legs of each seating piece ON the rug.
    Add art and some end tables and a coffee table.
  • PRO
    WW Design Studio
    hace 6 años

Hi Julia,

Looks like your getting a lot of great advice here! I would focus on getting the main furniture placement right, before adding extra accessories. A larger rug is a must with a darker neutral tone. The front feet of the furniture needs to "sit" on it. The TV over the fireplace is too large and does make the space look awkward. As the entryway is right there, that is the first thing people will see.

However if this is the only place in the home for a TV, then you may want to visually lengthen the fireplace by flanking it with two matching low bookcases on each side. They may need to be customized to complement your fireplace. Or take out the fireplace and install a wall unit to provide extra storage space and the TV becomes secondary. A third suggestion is an enclosed TV stand approximately 60"H x 60"W.

I like the two sofas facing each other for entertaining as Groveraxle suggested. Make sure they line up with your window. Curtain panels would be great to make your window appear larger as per Decoenthusiate. Hang as high as possible and to the floor. If your budget doesn't allow for the proper sizing, buy extra panels and sew together to make them fuller and seamed to add length if needed.

A console table along the entry hall is great. See it you can pull those chairs back to flank the console table. Check to see if you have enough room to pass comfortably from the entry into the home. This way, you have a place to sit to remove shoes and the chairs can be pulled in when you need extra seating. You may find that you only have room for one chair, and the other may need to go somewhere else.

A large round mirror above the console would be great and will tie in with your accent tables.

Good luck with your space, and it doesn't hurt to contact a professional for a design consultation.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.