Houzz Logo Print
chicago321

Blue Sofa....Trend??

Ms M
hace 6 años

I adore the color blue. SO, rich, deep blue accent chairs, or statement sofas set my tongue wagging! *HOWEVER*, I realize that the living room furniture which we looking to purchase (sofa, chairs, rugs, etc) are going to be in our home for the next 15 years (or more!). Am I going to regret such a purchase in 5 years??? (I bypassed the 'granite countertop' trend, but just by the skin of my teeth!)

I know people will say, "do what you love", but when everyone else loves something it's a trend. Maybe I should look for another color which I love??? Such a dilemma! I appreciate your input!!

(I'm thinking the sofas in the photo/linkBlue Sofas are more subdued and practical option?)

Blue sofa? YOLO!
Just mix it up with blue pillows, Lady!

Comentarios (14)

• Hockeymom84
    hace 6 años

Jewel tone furniture has been around for ages. I

• PRO
    Carrell Design And Staging
    hace 6 años

Navy Blue id a great neutral. It will never go out of style. But if you're worried you have options:

1. Big items in beige and lots of navy accent pieces. These can be changed out to other colors if you feel it's becoming dated.

2. Purchase "investment furniture" suck Baker, Heneredon, Barbara Barry, etc. They are expensive, but if you buy transitional style you can simply have them re-upholstered with new fabric and get a totally new look or your room.

• Maureen
    hace 6 años

I had blue couches for over 20 years and as long as you select a classic style you should be good and your choice looks pretty classic. I changed the rug, curtains, pillows, etc. over the years..that helped keep the room feeling updated.

• katinparadise
    hace 6 años

Go for the blue! It's a classic and it's really considered a neutral. It can work with all sorts of styles!

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    hace 6 años

There's only a few shades of blue that I wouldn't want. All of the pictures shared in comments above look great, and can remain timeless.

• PRO
    Urban Loft Window Treatments
    hace 6 años

I think of my blue sofa like a pair of favorite jeans. Classic and beloved. You can dress them up or down, just like a sofa!

• jhmarie
    hace 6 años

I've had a blue sofa for over 12 years:)

• everdebz
    hace 6 años

There are different blues, and ours has some grey in it.... one you buy might go in several directions: with yellow/gold, coral, or grey/white, or soft/hot pink.. light teal, or brighter sportier turquoise, etc...

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

yes blue is a trend. it is a trend that never goes far away though it will leave and return in a few years. In the meantime, as i am looking most who have answered seem like you and i to love blue. if you love something then it is not a trend for you. it is what you should get. update the pillows and rug every view years, but the blue sofa should serve you well.

• PRO
    Collingwood Batchellor
    hace 6 años

Blue always tends to be on trend in some form or another - and there are so many appealing shades that it's easy to perk things up every now and again (scatter cushions, rugs, ornaments etc.) You can probably see from some of the pictures above that blue mixes in quite well with different colours, too. Either way, if you stick with a general rule of two main colours and a third accent colour, blue can provide a lot of options if you change your mind down the line.

• susanopeno182
    hace 6 años
    Blue itself never goes out of style, but some shades have more staying power than others. IMO, peacock is popular now, but you may tire of it in a few years. "Muddy" colors are popular now (lots of gray mixed in), so that may feel dated to you at some point. I consider navy a neutral, so it can change with your decor over the years. A brighter, more indigo-navy, might be a nice compromise between safe and bold.
  • mzloolue
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I love blue velvet sofas.

Think of how many colors go with blue.

I too have studied the sofas in that exact photo.

Truthfully, almost everything in that room will look dated before those sofas do.

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

my opinion is it does not matter the style or color, you will look hot for a while, then it will look out for a while, then it will be back in. so if you don't do wild things, like glass legs, your love for it will carry from one down period to the next and noone will notice.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.