Houzz Logo Print
naghiehe

Help with farm sink

E C
hace 6 años
We had a farm sink installed and it sticks out pretty far. We were told it was going to fit perfect originally. Is there anything we can do or does anyone have any ideas? Does it looks that bad? It is bothering my husband and I...

Comentarios (25)

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 6 años
    Who managed the template? The sink should have been two inches further back so the finished edge was flush with the face of the cabinet.
  • Diane
    hace 6 años
    This is incorrect hopefully you have not paid the full bill and your installer is reasonable. If contractor/installer will not fix you will may need to get another person in to install this correctly.
  • jbtanyderi
    hace 6 años
    That's rong , with a capital R!!
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años
    Who could think that is right. Oh no. Big problem because the countertop isn't"
    Mt right either. Are your cabinets unusual depth? I can't see depth well. Have you talked to contractor?
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

"Does it look bad?"

I've seen some crazy things on Houzz, but the proverbial cake has been taken by this one. It isn't bad, it is horrendous.

The section of apron that curves and then returns on each end must touch the cabinets; it looks like you have 2" or so to go.

If the sink is pulled and the cutout can be enlarged enough to eat the existing faucet holes, the sink can be reinstalled in its proper position. If enlarging the cut out doesn't eliminate the faucet holes, your choices are staring at a patch forever or tearing out the top.

Are your cabinets 24" deep? The hinge in your first picture and the lath on the wall in your second say "old house" and old house can mean nonstandard.

• User
    hace 6 años

Who designed and specified this renovation? Because they don't have old house experience. And neither does that hack of a contractor.

Wrong design.

Wrong products.

Wrong labor.

Screams lack of any research at all. AKA no knowledgeable design. That is ALWAYS the root culprit of a poor renovation job. That leads to the wrong materials, and poor hiring choices.

Saved to The Hall of Shame.

• DH
    hace 6 años

Not a pro, but yeah, it looks horrible. Completely wrong. Good luck in getting things made right.

• Sammy
    hace 6 años

You have my condolences.

• wacokid
    hace 6 años

The countertop and sink should be removed. Finish your walls, drywall, plaster and the plumbing in the wall. Then see if your sink will even fit, it not only sticks out to far but it is to high. Your countertop is not laying on the cabinets. It does look like your contractor is in way over his head.

• PRO
    DDS Design Services, LLC by Jeff Kida
    hace 6 años

Everything I see there is wrong. You need to fire everyone, get your money back and hire someone that knows what they are doing. I suggest NARI (National Association for the Remodeling Industry) or the NKBA (National Kitchen & Bath Association) web sites to start your search.

One more thing. Disasters like this usually happen as a result of bargain hunting becomes the only factor in the decision making process. For your own piece of mind, safety and health please hire professionals next time.

I apologize if I sound too harsh. This type of thing really sets me off. Good luck.

• acm
    hace 6 años

For all the pieces of your mind, I agree with the above...

• Hillside House
    hace 6 años

Yikes.

• Sammy
    hace 6 años

Is that a drop-in sink?

• Dee Sanchez
    hace 6 años

It appears if the sink is moved 2" back, that's going to leave half the faucet hole still cut out of the stone. It does look like those could possibly only be 22" deep cabinets. Who set the sink? In my area, farm sinks are not set by countertop installers. They are suppose to be set in place prior to template.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

"Is that a drop-in sink?"

Excellent question. That sink can be installed as a drop in or as an undermount.

• acm
    hace 6 años

maybe two inches back + drop in will solve a subset of the problems here. there will still be others...

• simstress
    hace 6 años

Is it too late for a wall-mount faucet?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

"Is it too late for a wall-mount faucet?"

Another excellent question. If the cabinets are in fact too shallow, a wall mount faucet may be the solution if there isn't enough room on the deck.

• User
    hace 6 años

Doubtful that someone who already went the cheap and awful labor route is gonna spring for the zillion dollar plumbing bill to try to run pipe in a wall that's covered by a cabinet. Probably end up with the rough ins unlevel and the wrong depth. Icing on the cake.

• wacokid
    hace 6 años
    Except for wall stud that runs directly in the middle of the sink
  • PRO
    Carol Jean
    hace 6 años
    Who would do that!
  • rocketjcat
    hace 6 años
    @JS, agree the sink may look better over the fireplace. Hehe. :-)
  • PRO
    J.S. Electrical LLC
    hace 6 años

That comment didn't to the right spot lol. It was for a TV. Lol

• simstress
    hace 6 años

Wall-mount bridge faucet? (Obviously not a plumber)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.