Houzz Logo Print
kareena_c

window coverings for louvre windows

kareena_c
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

I have long narrow louvre windows in my bedroom and need to have either curtains or blinds. I like the idea of vertical blinds (may be out of style?) or plantation shutters but am not sure of options. Window covering will need to suit other smaller windows in the bedroom

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Focus Kitchens & Bathrooms
    hace 6 años

The type of blind or shutter you can use will depend on the rotation of your blades on the louvre windows and how far they protrude when open. A photo of the windows would help.

Vertical blinds are definitely out of date.

I would recommend getting a consultation with a professional blind & curtain company.

• kareena_c
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks for our quick response. I think I will need to get professional advice. When fully open the blades and handle protrudes about 80mm from the wall. Not sure if the attached photo will show this. Thanks again

• kareena_c
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks again. I'm in Brisbane... will definitely get professional advice.

• Gallifrey
    hace 6 años

We have lots of louvre windows in our holiday house and we went with roller blinds. Just need to make sure that the blinds sit far enduring our so the louvres can open.

Please do not use vertical blinds. They are horrible and will ruin the look of your beautiful windows.

• kareena_c
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you so much for your suggestions... It's good to hear the roller blinds work... will look at those

• User
    hace 6 años

Something to consider with roller blinds- The blockout ones can really block the airflow in Summer, and if you do leave the louvres open, the slightest breeze will cause the bottom rod to bang against the window frame. You can fix them so they don't do this, but again you have the reduced airflow.....which is why you have louvres in the first place.

We have the same problem. My son's bedroom. He seems to have adjusted to no window coverings. Luckily we have no privacy issues.

• kareena_c
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Didn't think of that - thanks Mel. I may also look at external shutters that open and close at angles - this is my first post on Houzz and it great to have such a wealth of knowledge out there!!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.