Houzz Logo Print
isaac_griswold

Hardwood floor wood colors

Isaac Griswold
hace 6 años

I just purchased this home and needed some ideas for my hardwood floors. I'm not crazy about the wood tones that are currently in the home(lighter stained) I am looking for something more rustic and esspresso in color. My question is, can i put this type of darker stain down on hardwood floors when I replace the carpet? Will this clash? Will I have to update all the light colored wood?(Door, Door Trim, Mantle, Stair Rail, and Cabinets) I do plan on getting new cabinets in the near future.

Comentarios (6)

• emwallace25
    hace 6 años

If you really plan to work on the kitchen in the near future, I would wait until then to do the floors. Also, unless absolutely necessary, I think living in a place for a while before doing any work is best. I have changed my mind about my future remodel plans at least five times and I've lived in my place for less than a year!

Isaac Griswold agradeció a emwallace25
  • Kimberly Hase
    hace 6 años
    My house is similar! I kept my doors and kitchen cans the color yours are, installed espresso bamboo floors, beefed up my baseboards/trim to wider white boards. The walls are kilim beige because it's warm but not yellow.
  • PRO
    Loudoun Stairs
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Might we suggest a walnut or something similar in coloring? Would play well with the yellow and give it a cozy feel!

Isaac Griswold agradeció a Loudoun Stairs
  • PRO
    Design Connection, Inc.
    hace 6 años

I would agree about not going super dark on your floors. If you don't know if you want to refinish or keep your cabinetry I would pick a finish that complements them. Looks for a darker finish that has some red in it to help with the golden oak and the peach colored tiles in the kitchen.

Isaac Griswold agradeció a Design Connection, Inc.
  • Isaac Griswold
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Would this be a good color?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.