Houzz Logo Print
emaya77

Bathroom Wave Tile

Maya Ryan
hace 6 años
What are your thoughts on wave tile? Like or dislike and why? Also, what tile on floor and shower floor would I use if I went with it? Thanks!

Comentarios (22)

• dogs4kare
    hace 6 años

I really like the wave tile. Thinking of something similar for the shower. Pental tile from the More series

• simstress
    hace 6 años

It is beautiful, but I had to skip it because my shower walls are only tiled on 2 sides, and I couldn't find an elegant way to install shower glass on it. Maybe others have solved this.

• 50s_ranch Andres
    hace 6 años
    I like the first one best, but I would have it installed vertically instead of horizontally so it would look like a waterfall. Also it would probably shed water better that way.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años

Not for a shower, but for behind a vanity, nice. Of course, need to be contemporary in design styling for best look.

• User
    hace 6 años

Looks great in that picture in the shower but what a nightmare to keep clean I would think

• PRO
    Broedell Plumbing Supply, Inc.
    hace 6 años

Check out Choreograph by Kohler. They have lots of designs to choose from.

• PRO
    GannonCo
    hace 6 años

Picking a tile means you also have to pick the tile for the application. Shower walls have adjoining walls where the 3d has to meet, door glass, pan caulking and plumbing fixtures. They will all be effected by 3d tiles as the fixtures won't sit flat and neither will the glass. Caulking at the pan would be a nightmare.

If you insist use as an accent or a back wall accent.

• PRO
    Sabrina Balsky Interior Design
    hace 6 años

I would suggest going with a marble you can never go wrong and they come in large sizes now that look great lots of online sellers inexpensively

• Maya Ryan
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Sabrina I'm afraid marbel floor would be slippery. We have a 4 year old. also still in need of shower floor ideas.
  • Denita
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I think you have to be careful to not overload the room with too many textures. Look at the pic B&R Creative Builders posted (a couple of posts up) and see how much better it looks when that wave tile is installed without competing types of tile. It looks great behind the vanity. In a shower I don't see it unless you only tile one wall with the others a very calm, smooth surface. That tile is meant to be the focal point in the room. Use it sparingly.

• Maya Ryan
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    thanks Denita! i was thinking that too...
  • Maya Ryan
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    B&R - what did you do for the wall in the shower?
  • User
    hace 6 años

They might be annoying to clean..

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

The latest in wave tiles from Orlando.

My master bath.

• PRO
    Sabrina Balsky Interior Design
    hace 6 años

Any tile when wet can be slippery marble is no more so then any other tile however for shower the smallest size with large grout joints are the most safe.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

The round mirror in the first picture is hung much too high. Mine is just right.

• Renee Westlund
    hace 6 años
    I have wave tile in my kitchen as a backsplash and even behind the stove. It wipes down very easily actually. I love it!
  • Mme laprof
    el último año

@Maya Ryan what did you end up choosing for flooring? I am installing this wave tile as back wall of my shower with smooth gloss white on the sides. Now I have to pick a flooring, too :) Would love a pic update!

• ShadyWillowFarm
    el último año

Love it!!🌊🌊🌊

• Julie Decocker
    hace 2 meses
    Última modificación: hace 2 meses

I’m apparently late to the wave party, but thinking of the wave tile for the back wall of my shower, anyone who's done this, any regrets?

• Mme Laprof
    hace 2 meses

My contractor made a mistake on my install - was supposed to be smooth on the sides and wave in the back and he alternated rows instead. I was very upset at first but I'm used to it now. Been living with the wave tile for 4 months and so far so good but I wipe up after every shower

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.