Houzz Logo Print
sarah_swintonnussbaum

House exterior photoshop suggestions need

My new house has such potential but needs some major curb appeal help to cute it up!!! ;-) Any ideas and suggestions are welcome and a photoshopped pic of your ideas would be a dream come true. My initial thought are new paint in the grey, blue or green family. Maybe one shade on top and another shade on the bottom? Shutters on the 1st story windows and a railing on the front porch. Its basically a blank slate right now but I just know it could be just lovely given the the right changes. Thanks in advance!!!

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    Summit Ridge Design LLC
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Sarah, here's what I see, there is a lot of massing on each side of your entry with the two rooms that are on each side and the entry columns are awfully tiny therefore the entry gets lost with the wide walkway and the the two side structures. I would update the columns to maybe a tapered or even a round style sitting atop a nice brick or stone column this will dramatically help with the massing think about adding a stone or brick wainscoting on the two front areas and yes maybe some shutters added to the right side. Here's a picture of something close although the layout and design is a little different.

Sarah Swinton Nussbaum agradeció a Summit Ridge Design LLC
  • Sarah Swinton Nussbaum
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

What do you think about shutters or a new paint color? Love your ideas so far. Hadn't thought about that configuration but I like it! Thanks for your feed back!

• User
    hace 6 años

I gave you some suggestions in the other post you created about this.

• emmarene9
    hace 6 años

You did not mention budget but I believe the most thrifty changes can be made be reworking the landscape hardscape.

Too much paving can make your home look like a commercial building. I would reduce the width of the center walk to the width of the entrance. Remove some concrete on the left for a planting bed to match the right side.

Remove shrubs that are blocking the porch. I would grow low plants only in that area.

Double posts or single but wider posts would be an improvement. I show a simple panel post more lined up under the gable.

The double window on the right is not suited to shutters.

• PRO
    Summit Ridge Design LLC
    hace 6 años

I think shutters on double windows are just fine and in-fact are quite common on home designs like Sarah's. Sarah you have a great platform on which to build off of, it will just come down to what looks best for you and your budget.

Hers another picture of similar design style to your home showing more brick, larger doric column on a brick/stone base and shutters on well trimmed double/triple windows, adding a little massing/balance to the front.

Royal Oaks Design, Inc. · Más información

• acm
    hace 6 años

The biggest thing I notice is that you no longer have a garage on the left, but there's still a big driveway leading to it. I'd take PPF's suggestion to cut the cement back at least five feet, so there's room to plant some shrubs and other decorative plantings there, while making a more natural (maybe rounded) end to the driveway. I like the idea of porch railings, but not of shutters. Beyond that, biggest bang for buck will be filling up your empty beds with more than token tufts of green -- I'd take out all the mulch and put in a ground cover, if nothing else, to add life there.

Here's the landscaping plus:

And here's a change of color in the direction you are considering, which I'm not sure is worth the expense:

Sarah Swinton Nussbaum agradeció a acm
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.