Houzz Logo Print
annablue516

Modern Glam Room Accent Furniture Ideas Please :)

Anna P
hace 6 años

My front room is coming along. Looking for ideas for a cool glam bench that I would put on the hardwood floor, facing the sofa, for additional seating, also to use for point of entry i.e., putting my bag, mail, etc. when you walk into the house. Also looking for suggestions for end tables for my chairs. Thanks so much. I have on order the following gold coffee table, as well as higher sofa legs.

Comentarios (39)

• Darzy
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Looking good! How about a white leather tufted bench for across the sofa and martini style side tables for the chairs?

Anna P agradeció a Darzy
  • Darzy
    hace 6 años

Bench...

Bench

Anna P agradeció a Darzy
  • Anna P agradeció a ilikefriday
  • jansgirl
    hace 6 años

Very nice!

Do move your rug so the front legs are sitting on it at least 6". Will you need end tables if you are getting a coffee table? It's going to be tight if you want to fit in a bench, too. Another thought is the line up of your sofa, rectangle coffee table and rectangle bench. I'm wondering if a set of two round coffee table wouldn't have been a better idea....

How about some of the plum color in your art for the bench?

Anna P agradeció a jansgirl
  • Darzy
    hace 6 años

Side table for chair(s)

Prism Side Table · Más información

Anna P agradeció a Darzy
  • PRO
    DesignUnplugged llc
    hace 6 años

Pull rug under front of sofa about 6 t 8 inches and re-center the two chairs. This will help the bench sit on the wood with more purpose and breathing room instead of making the rug look too small to reach all the furniture. A bench with acrylic end panels or simple frame and tufted seat slab will be light and complementary to the other items in the room. It should be at least 60 inches long and preferably 72 to get closer to length of sofa.

Chair end tables need not match but to need to relate in material, character or scale to balance. Table should be no taller than the arm and hopefully at least an inch to inch and half shorter. Have a little artful fun with them and express a bit of your personality.

Anna P agradeció a DesignUnplugged llc
  • Anna P
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Great ideas, and suggestions, btw I love the Daisy Marble Table, as well as man figure table, and the clear glass and chrome tables! Would I put one on either side of the two chairs, do two different ones, only do one?? thanks so much. Also did you happen to see the pic of the gold coffee table, thoughts?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años
    Love your room. I am concerned about overloading your space. I wonder if just a bench for a coffee table might be a better choice. Then when you need a seat for 2 more, slide it out toward the mirrored chest. I will post a bench or two. Bbl
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años

Candice Contemporary White Crocodile Leatherette Large Bench · Más información
    Something along this line. I think the silver works better with the mirrored chest and the other colors in your space. I don't know the measurements of the space for the coffee table, but this could double as coffee table and bench for extra seating nicely. A tray on this with some accessories and you have a dual purpose piece in a fairly tight space. I might also like a aubergene throw across one end of it.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años

The one they call purple would be great. Plus, when stretching out on that luxurious sofa, a cover up handy would be great for a little nap!

• PRO
    Julie Murray
    hace 6 años
    Love your modern glam room! I agree with putting the front feet of your sofa on the rug. It brings your furniture together. I would put end tables on each side of the sofa with lamps (good table recommendations above; and they wouldn't have to match) and place your chairs closer to the sofa for cozier conversation. A coffee table with glass and silver would go better with your modern space. Not sure where your entry is, but a half mirror hall table might be an option. Enjoy your beautiful room!
    Anna P agradeció a Julie Murray
  • Irene Morresey
    hace 6 años
    Gorgeous room
    Anna P agradeció a Irene Morresey
  • Anna P
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you so much for all comments and suggestions. I'm a little nervous now, as I have that coffee table on order in the gold. Is it not okay to mix metals? Please advise.

• jbtanyderi
    hace 6 años
    Forget the coffee table. Use end tables with lamps for the sofa and smaller round tables for the chairs. Each sitter needs easy access and a convenient place to set something down.
  • PRO
    Julie Murray
    hace 6 años
    I don't usually like mixing metals or wood colors. Keeping it the same brings unity to the room. Gold and glass looks more traditional whereas silver and glass looks modern. Your space is already beautiful!
    Anna P agradeció a Julie Murray
  • establishment73
    hace 6 años

I am wondering what purpose a bench would serve, not too comfortable seating with no backing. I would consider a love seat the same as your sofa to make an L shape where one of your chairs are, the table you like and the other chair where you were considering the bench to go. Will give lots of seating and a uniformity.

Anna P agradeció a establishment73
  • leelee
    hace 6 años

I love mixing metals and styles. So much more interesting if done subtly and with intention.

Anna P agradeció a leelee
  • establishment73
    hace 6 años

If you placed the love seat at the entry side you could put a narrow sofa table at the back of it for your mail and bag as you walk in.

• leelee
    hace 6 años

You need a coffee table since the arms of the sofa are sooo tall. It would be awkward to try to use end tables to set a drink instead of a coffee table. They would be useful for lighting, however.

• PRO
    DesignUnplugged llc
    hace 6 años

Mixing metals is fine if balanced in the space. Since you already have the coffee table on order, you need to bring more gold into the room in subtle ways.

I'd suggest no bench. It will be crowded and not the correct item to bring more gold into the space as it will resemble the scale of the coffee table too much. Sse the coffee or side table to collect the items you mention. Use the coffee table, one side table with a gold tie in and the other in silver like the people table so the legs are lighter in scale and you get some personality out of the choice. Add a small gold accessory on the silver side table, swap the lamp shade to get a hint of gold (try white with gold interior), add something to the floor near the vase for just a touch of a reference, and a small lumbar pillow (not matching) in each side chair to "sprinkle" gold tones in the room. It appears you already have a gold accessory on the mirrored cabinet, if not try something like the horse, light, not bright gold and oblong to pick up the shape of the coffee table.

• Anna P
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

@DesignUnplugged...thank you so much, I started to panic, i.e "should I swap out the finish of the table, will they accommodate, etc." btw, you have a bit of gold on the hammered silver vase, should i consider changing this to gold?

• Anna P
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

@establishment73...I see your point...and like your suggestion, any idea what would go with the room? Also, as you open the door you would see the back of the settee, if I had space I would do a narrow console to soften it, that was why I thought of the bench, and a place to plop my bag, etc. but perhaps I could do a very narrow console table

• Anna P
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

@establishment...oops just read that you answered my question about using a console table, still would be interested in settee suggestions, also I would have to keep the height to the furniture that is already in the room correct?

• establishment73
    hace 6 años

yes you should keep the same height. Do they not do a love seat in the sofa you purchased? This would give you an L-shaped seating arrangement and yes a narrow console to put things on at the back of the love seat would work really well as a hall table for you.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años
    It would help to have a sketch of the total space and some measurements of the sizes. Hard to guesstimate and could lead you astray!
    Anna P agradeció a Flo Mangan
  • Anna P
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

@establishment...no there is not a matching love seat to the sofa that I have

• establishment73
    hace 6 años

You have a bit of a challenge there. I would go to the store where you purchased the sofa and see what ideas they come up with regards to a love seat that would go with that sofa and they should show you a narrow console that could go behind it.

Anna P agradeció a establishment73
  • Darzy
    hace 6 años

I meant to suggest this. I think a white leather tufted bench would look super there. Easy to wipe clean too.

Wayfair white leather bench

Anna P agradeció a Darzy
  • Anna P
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Auguste Bench, Seat: White, Base: Brushed Stainless, Small · Más información

I know I like it too, another great feature is since its at the point of entry, great place to sit, put on shoes, etc. but I worry that it resemble the scale of the coffee table, and might be too crowded as a designer here mentioned, but I was considering a white leather tufted bench as well

Auguste Bench, Seat: White, Base: Brushed Gold, Small · Más información

• PRO
    DesignUnplugged llc
    hace 6 años

just trying to add touches of gold to that corner. perhaps it's a bit of gold painted added to the rim or a gold belt/scarf from the thrift store wrapped around to add just a little nod to basically an all silver corner piece.

Bow hidden to rear, = to be a sleek as possible in view.

Anna P agradeció a DesignUnplugged llc
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años

mock ups · Más información
    Thought it might help to see a white leather bench as a coffee table with a tray on top for a cup of coffee, or adult beverage! I know you have ordered the coffee table and it is lovely, so if that is what you want, then I have another idea to use with your table. bbl

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años

Grayson Stainless Steel Bench, Beige · Más información
    You could use one of these or two for coffee tables that pull away for extra seating. Just an alternative.

• PRO
    Julie Murray
    hace 6 años

Don't panic. Mixing metals seems to work well in your room. You have done a beautiful job with the large picture displays over the sofa. Adding more gold touches throughout the space will give you a balanced look. The photo by Unplugged gives some great gold suggestions. Go with what you like, and you'll love your space. You have already done a great job with the art and furniture selections. Regarding adding a love seat, I don't like entering a room and seeing the back of a piece of furniture. It is not very inviting. A sofa table can soften the look; but make sure your space does not close off the entrance but still invites people in. Great job!

• Darzy
    hace 6 años

I agree mixing metals can be a great look. I like the coffee you have on order. How about a pair of x bench stools instead of the one bench? Since, as you point out it may look too similar shape as the coffee table.

Contemporary Black and White X Bench Solid Wood · Más información

• kjoy1
    hace 6 años

I like mixing metals:) Your room looks great!

Shepherd Bench, White · Más información

• Jan
    hace 6 años
    I have a sofa with high arms like yours, just got a table that is the arm height, looks better too. Measure the arm height and start looking for that height. Just can't use real tall lamps. You might need a slightly larger rug if you go under the sofa 6-8 inches.
    Anna P agradeció a Jan
  • PRO
    Niche Interiors
    hace 6 años

Beautiful space! Here are shots of two glam benches we have used in past projects. I would definitely check out Plantation Design and Mitchell Gold for great options!

Contemporary Bedroom · Más información

Hillsborough Home · Más información

Anna P agradeció a Niche Interiors
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.