Houzz Logo Print
glisse

Where did you get this casing? Did you use plain casing and then add an edge band?add an edge band?

glisse
hace 10 años
I love the casing around the doors.
Renovation · Más información

Comentarios (7)

• amazing2
    hace 10 años
    So I went to lumber yard and a box store and no one knows of or has heard of 1" "block trim". Since the wide MDF trim is 11/16" thick, you need at least 1" block trim to achieve this look. I found only 3/4 " block trim in the hobby section but in short sticks. Was this cut from a wider trim or custom ordered? We are doing the whole house like this and need 400+ feet which is a lot of cutting!
  • PRO
    User
    hace 10 años
    you are correct; see description above
  • PRO
    Kuiken Brothers Company, inc
    hace 10 años
    Beautiful design. The window and door casings can also be achieved by adding a backband (see our KB197 profile) to flat stock 1x4 trim http://www.kuikenbrothers.com/moulding-profile/kb197-back-band/ - Feel free to print off the sheet and bring to your local lumberyard. They should have something similar.
  • PRO
    Breezeway House
    hace 8 años

Thank you for the information on the custom trim. We were having trouble
    finding backband at a reasonable cost, so we made our own per these specs and I
    couldn't be happier. I actually like the look better because it gives
    the trim just a little extra width/height (we did it on the casings and the baseboards) without going up to the next size,
    which would be too big for our house.

• charliesanders
    hace 7 años

Could you please tell me how wide this trim is? It appears wider than 1x4 with a back band. Also do you have any suggestions on a room with 8' ceiling and the dimensions of this style trim to go on door, window casings. and the baseboard height recommendation. Thank You in advance.

• PRO
    Breezeway House
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

The casing is a flat 1x6 with 1" block added to the outside edge, as per the original answer.

In my home we have 8' ceilings and in some places slightly shorter. We created a similar look with 1x4 with a 1" block for the baseboards and the single door casings. The double door casings and windows, we used 1x6 with the 1" block. (Yes, I really love the look!) ;)

To get the blocks for the outer edge, my husband ripped 1" strips off a 1x4 to get what is technically a 1" x 3/4" block, since 1x4s are not really that exact size.

We are extremely happy with the results and I like that this method gives the casings some extra substance without having to go up to a larger 1x(whatever), which would have been too big for the house.

The room pictured is about 12'x21' and will never be this clean again. ;)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.