Houzz Logo Print
mudsi

suggestions for working with a high window

mudsi
hace 6 años
In our bedroom we have a dormer window which is quite high up. It is a sensible sized window but the sill starts at about chest height and underneath there is a radiator. I am looking for suggestions of how I can disguise the radiator or if I should just leave it. I have bought floor length curtains and am going for French country style in the bedroom

Comentarios (8)

• grapefruit1_ar
    hace 6 años

Pictures are needed.

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    hace 6 años

Here is the result of a Houzz search on covered radiators. Maybe one of these photos will inspire you. Hard to respond without pictures of the actual elements.

https://www.houzz.com/photos/query/covered-radiators/nqrwns

• mudsi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Pic attached (hopefully)
  • mudsi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    2nd try
  • PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    hace 6 años

I am not sure I would use long curtains with this window. A nice valance and shades might work best given the radiator. There are lots of photos on the link I posted that would work to disguise this.

• acm
    hace 6 años

I don't think I'd use anything except a minimal blind for light control -- great view, and you'll just mess it up with more (not to mention the fire hazard of long drapes across the radiator)...

• PRO
    Shades of Home
    hace 6 años

You have a great view! I wouldn't consider drapery in such a small space. If all you are looking for is to 'sleep-in' and you need blackout, I would suggest a blackout honeycomb shade. You can mount them within the opening and have a valance made that would cover the shade (out of sight - out of mind)

There are some very nice fabrics out there for you to create a french-country look and still keep the space clean - bright and airy.

Good luck!

• mudsi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thankyou everyone for your comments and suggestions. I have the long curtains and I don't want to change them. Still might consider a blind and keep the curtains open... lots of food for thought. Agree about the view! But it's one we can see from every window in our house so I'm not fussed on shutting it out for once! Shame it doesn't pay the bills ;)

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.