Houzz Logo Print
dgusner

What kind of window covering??

Daniel G
hace 6 años
Need help guys.. sun comes in this sliding door every afternoon, so we need a covering. Would you do a curtain? Vertical blind? Horizontal blind? Or what?? It has to be outside mount because there's no room inside the casing. Any advice greatly appreciated!!!

Comentarios (7)

• Julia Spco49
    hace 6 años

Do you need the door open most times for air? If so, curtains won't work as they will stifle the wind/air. Vertical blinds will clink back and forth with any wind. I'd look at a solar shade and mount above the door. Then, you can pull it down when needed, and either all the way or part way depending on the sun exposure and air needs. You can call a place like SelectBlinds.com and they will walk you through exact measurements they need and what to order, or you can easily order online. Good luck!

• PRO
    The Shade Store
    hace 6 años

Hi Daniel,

This sliding door is a great candidate for a Solar Shade. The coverage from a Solar Shade will help preserve some of your view while also providing UV protection for the home and cutting down on sun glare. These shades can be mounted above the trim to provide easy and unobstructed access through the door when raised.

The photo below shows our solar shades in a 10% weave. If more protection is needed, there are also 5%, 3% and 1% options, with 1% being the fullest coverage.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We'd be happy to help you further and send you free swatches of our window treatment materials to find the best fit for your home.

THE SHADE STORE

t: 800.754.1455

design@theshadestore.com

• grapefruit1_ar
    hace 6 años

I totally agree with Niche Interiors. Use curtains stacked to the left. While other options may solve your problem, IMO they are extremely unattractive....especially solar shades., vertical blinds, etc.

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 6 años

how about an unlined linen-y sheer....having to live with a heavier drape closed every afternoon seems a depressing choice when there is a nice view.

(i'd go with the solar shade or even *gasp* a vertical blind, as you can tilt them sideways to block sun but still enjoy the view. vertical blinds come in fabric now, you arent obliged to have clacketty plastic.)

• PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    hace 6 años

Agreed. Solar Shades.

• PRO
    Shades of Home
    hace 6 años

My Experience:

Solar Shades (with either a 3" Fascia or Cassette) mounted on the trim. The shade will then drop close to the glass without taking up interior room.

I see you have a soon to be mobile little one - SAFETY should be a concern. You may want to consider a Hunter Douglas Roller Shade with the UltraGlide control. This keeps the cords away from little ones without having to add a 'safety hold-down' on the chains from other manufacturers.

Ask you dealer about the 'Images' collection. The prices are better for a standard 3% sunscreen roller shade.

Also easy to clean with little fingers - jam - peanut butter etc. etc.

Good Luck

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.