Houzz Logo Print
mjm04

Full farmhouse renovation - befores/afters

mjm04
hace 6 años

It took one year to fully renovate our family's farmhouse that was built in 1920. We are the 6th generation to live in this house, which is situated on 80 acres of farmland. We are not fully done decorating and I have changed my mind on things a million times in the last 12 months. My main concerns are that the "farmhouse style" is a huge trend right now...will the house look out-of-date when the trend dies down, or will it still look classic since it IS actually a farmhouse? Also, what should I do for curtains/shades/blinds for each room? I'm at a loss because we need something that our 4 young children won't completely destroy. I'm not a decorator/designer so would love to hear what other people would do differently to make each space better! Our house has to be very kid friendly; no elements that can't withstand 3 boys and a newborn girl :)

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    Mega Builders
    hace 6 años

Beautiful work!

mjm04 agradeció a Mega Builders
  • PRO
    Ancient Stone
    hace 6 años

Absolutely gorgeous update! It left me wanting to see more LOL. Great work :)

mjm04 agradeció a Ancient Stone
  • PRO
    The Proposed Plan
    hace 6 años

Nice work!

mjm04 agradeció a The Proposed Plan
  • PRO
    Pacific Coast Custom Design
    hace 6 años

Such a great job! It is truly a great transformation and you guys did an amazing job!

mjm04 agradeció a Pacific Coast Custom Design
  • PRO
    DBe - Design Build Enterprises
    hace 6 años

Beautiful restoration! Did you also work on the exteriors?

mjm04 agradeció a DBe - Design Build Enterprises
  • PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    hace 6 años

Looks so good!

mjm04 agradeció a Raegan Ford Interior Design
  • PRO
    Architecture Plus Inc
    hace 6 años

Looks great!

mjm04 agradeció a Architecture Plus Inc
  • ocuinno
    hace 6 años

Love your house! How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have? I am not an expert, but I agree with the previous poster re: plain window treatments (white or woven). I think since you have a farmhouse, the farmhouse "style" will not get old for you.

• PRO
    Fratantoni Interior Designers
    hace 6 años

WOW!!! Stunning job!!

• PRO
    Cocoweb Inc.
    hace 6 años

Fantastic job! What a gorgeous home.

• jansgirl
    hace 6 años

You are very talented and will choose the right thing. Keep it simple. I love this farmhouse trend with the mix of modern and rustic and unmatched. Beautiful.

• PRO
    Laura Lee Designs
    hace 6 años

Beautiful! Your updates feel classic and true to the home.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.