mwcreativecarpentry

TV in Your Living Room - Yes or No?

As a multi-disciplined furniture design company in London, we build many bespoke living room pieces. We are seeing a split between those incorporating a TV into their living room and those choosing to forego it.

Reaching out the the Houzz community to find out, whats more popular? A living room for entertaining? Or a living room for lounging?

Modular Shelving Unit · Más información

Living Room for Entertaining
Living Room for Lounging

Comentarios (9)

• Melissa McCafferty
    hace 6 años

I'd opt to use my living room for entertaining and keep the TV in a separate room. Now, how to get my husband to agree......

MW Creative Carpentry agradeció a Melissa McCafferty
  • PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    hace 6 años

If I had the space then I'd have a TV snug room. However, my TV is in the living room (but never on when guests are over!). We sit around the dining room table mostly when entertaining though - especially since buying large comfy dining room chairs!

Shannon

MW Creative Carpentry agradeció a Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
  • PRO
    MW Creative Carpentry
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

As a cabinet maker I would design furniture with the idea to always hide the TV in a clever way no matter what room it's in. This way you would have best of both worlds and not end up with a big TV on show!

• PRO
    AVINU - Home Technology
    hace 6 años

This is an interesting poll as we voted for '...entertaining' and it's currently the minority vote! We voted for this as so many of our customers now want music, and a TV just isn't enough without some form of cinema-sound...

However, we often promote hiding/integrating the TV into a unit - whether bespoke or off-the-shelf [which often means on-line :)] as it's important to hide devices like Sky boxes and cables away.

We also think that a lot of people's idea of 'lounging' is watching a boxset - now that's a good idea for a poll! What boxset have you been pulled into...?

BTW: great work MW Creative Carpentry

MW Creative Carpentry agradeció a AVINU - Home Technology
  • PRO
    AVINU - Home Technology
    hace 6 años

Further to our comment on boxsets - let's hear about what you'd recommend :)
    [Tell us here[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/box-sets-what-series-have-you-lost-hours-to-dsvw-vd~4656539)

MW Creative Carpentry agradeció a AVINU - Home Technology
  • PRO
    Galerie Design
    hace 6 años

We personally have No Tv at all at home...I do see more clients trying to hide it which sounds more of a compromise between the extreme of not having a TV at all and the pleasure of being able to switch it on when needed ...

MW Creative Carpentry agradeció a Galerie Design
  • Mirka G
    hace 6 años
    I believe its all down to how much space is available. in todays world and going forward housing space is becoming a premium. so rooms need to be multi functional.
  • kiwimills
    hace 6 años
    family/dining/kitchen no TV. its in a room esp for TV. 4mx4m so not huge but perfect for a TV.
    we only watch the news now on it and use iPad or phone for TV /you tube viewing in various rooms...including bedroom ( didn't have TV In there..do now ! grrrrr) but love iPad next to bath to watch TV series on line !!! that's not grrr
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.