Houzz Logo Print
cindy_stewart8114

HELP what would be the closest color match to BM Edgecom grey in a SW

Cindy Stewart
hace 6 años

I live on an island and can't run to the paint store. I'm going to paint my house shortly and have almost decided on BM Edgecom Grey but BM paint is not available here! But Sherwin Williams is. I don't have a paint chip to make a color match (not that I'd trust that anyway-we live in Central America) long story... PLEASE

Comentarios (9)

• PRO
    Designer Michael Designs LLC
    hace 6 años

SW Modern Gray and SW Wordly Gray are close. You can also have the color match from an actual paint chip I found on another feed, which is:

Cindy Stewart agradeció a Designer Michael Designs LLC
  • Cindy Stewart
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks I have a chip of Worldly Gray but needs to be just a touch darker/tanner not sure what Modern Gray looks like. Your pic of the formula/match was for what color?

• PRO
    Designer Michael Designs LLC
    hace 6 años

This is what the poster said. "I chose Edgecomb Gray for all of my main living areas. I first had SW computer match for the color, it wasn't spot-on, so i took the actual chip in and they color matched it by hand. It was very, very close. Maybe leans a tiny bit toward the beige side of greige than the BM sample, but that could've just been the difference in sheens." It sounds like that code is a close as possible to the edgecomb, but it can change just a little from mixing machine to mixing machine, so finding a SW named color is your best bet. Do you have a SW paint store or just the ability to order SW paint? If they have a store you can go and compare your Edgecomb sample with all the others. If not your kinda stuck to relying on a computer picture and you would be just as close going with the code in the picture.

Cindy Stewart agradeció a Designer Michael Designs LLC
  • Cindy Stewart
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

There is a Sherwin Williams store in Belize City where I will get my paint, my problem is I don't have an Edgemont sample, I'm going from pics I've seen online. But as I said Worldly Gray looks close so I'll go from there. I have a turquoise metal roof with wood siding that needs repainting. Then I'm going to go with white trim.

• Cindy Stewart
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

This is look I'm going for

Show House 2011 · Más información

• Trish Covey
    hace 6 años
    Benjamin Moore can match just based on the color name from a different brand, perhaps sherwin Williams can as well. It's worth a call or visit to find out.
    Cindy Stewart agradeció a Trish Covey
  • Susan Davis
    hace 6 años

I think you can order BM on line and have it shipped to you....email them and let us know?

Cindy Stewart agradeció a Susan Davis
  • User
    hace 6 años

Encycolorpedia says natural tan is the closest match

http://encycolorpedia.com/dad4c5

Cindy Stewart agradeció a User
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.