Houzz Logo Print
ltanya56

Hood size versus Range size

ltanya56
hace 11 años
Is it problematic to have a 36" range with a 30" freestanding range?
I am also wanting to know the pros and cons of a Thermador range

Comentarios (8)

• agsq
    hace 11 años
    Hi, from the other side of the pond. You may get some leakage over the edges, but this will depend to an extent on the type of cooking and the power of the hood.
    Aesthetically it may also look a little 'wrong', whereas if you do it the other way it can often enhance the look, a bigger hood and smaller range.
    Personally I would never design this for a client.
  • ltanya56
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    yes, it is a larger hood and smaller range. the hood is a Thermador and the range a kitchenaid. I am just not finding the type of 36" range that I like. I had purchased the Themador 36 freedom range but I am hearing some cons about it that I don't want to deal with.
  • ltanya56
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    thanks
  • PRO
    Helga Simmons Interior Design LLC
    hace 11 años
    Good combination. If you cook a lot, you will be happy with a larger hood.
  • PRO
    jules
    hace 9 años
    I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM . I AM BUILDING A HOUSE AND PLANING MY KITCHEN. I PURCHASED A 30" SLIDE IN ELECTRIC OVEN(SAMSUNG, VERY NICE DESIGN LOOKS COMMERCIAL TYPE)THIS RANGE HAS AN OVERLAP GLASS COOKTOP THAT IS 31" WIDE BECAUSE OF THIS EXTRA INCH. I'M NOT SURE IF TO PUT A 30 IINCH HOOD OR A 36 INCH HOOD? THE HOOD WOULD BE A COMMERCIAL STYLE UNDER CABINET MOUNT KITCHENAID. WHAT DO I DO?????
  • bgfuqua
    hace 9 años
    older post
  • Susan King
    hace 9 años
    Bigger hood looks much better. Take a look at the pictures in Houzz.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.