Houzz Logo Print
karen_sargent8111941

paint colour advice for bedroom

Karen Sargent
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

Hiya. I'm trying to find a soothing yet somewhat bold green grey paint colour for my bedroom. I've tried F&b's Dix blue and green blue but they are a bit too pastelly. I wanted something that created a cosier feeling. I loved the colour in the pic I've attached. Would anyone be able to recommend a paint colour that's similar to it? thanks. Click here for the pic

Comentarios (10)

• minnie101
    hace 7 años

It looks similar to Mylands borough market

• PRO
    MERRICK DESIGNS
    hace 7 años

also look at Hague blue but might be a tad too dark but lovely colour

• PRO
    Estervan Interior Design
    hace 7 años

You could try Farrow & Ball Green Smoke?

• Karen Sargent
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Comegetme o have Hague blue in the bathroom. Gorgeous colour but a bit too dark for bedroom. Ester can have just bought green smoke tester. Fingers crossed.

• somervell
    hace 7 años
    How about Cactus from Neptune? Lovely paint. I would suggest painting it on a large white board so you can move it around and see white it looks like on different walls/different times of the day. Would look great with crisp white bedding.
  • adrianlowery
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Rymans do A2 size sheets of white card / thick paper, in their art supplies, which we have found useful for making swatches. Normally on some sort of multibuy offer too. Especially good for subtle off whites as, if you leave an inch or two of border at the edges unpainted, you can see exactly how the shade differs from pure white.

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    hace 7 años

Hi Karen,

If you are intending on samples which can be moved easily then the best way is to paint all side on a show box. This will then show you how shadows are cast too! Flat pieces will only ever show you the light hitting that one direction. It works a treat - especially good when wanting to look at how furniture or kitchen units will be painted as it's more of a realistic representative!

Colour changes so dramatically in different lights especially when they are artificially lit for shoots. I hope the Green Smoke works for you :)

Thanks, Gina

• Karen Sargent
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I've ended up using wall paper lining to test my samples on. Have been sticking them on different walls - it's amazing how much the colour changes. I'm down to Card Room green but I'm also waiting for a sample from ppg - its called paradise found - looks amazing. Somervell - neptune's cactus is also lovely. thanks!

• Laura
    hace 7 años
    It's a beautiful colour green in the picture you attached. My lounge was the first room we decorated and I used an olive/khaki green. As I've decorated more rooms I've become bolder and wished I'd used a much darker green. Love to see a picture of the finished room when you're done.
    Are you painting all the walls green?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.