Houzz Logo Print
riderpride

Decor Delema

Maureen Hessdorfer
hace 7 años
We just finished painting our living room Gray Owl by Benjamin Moore. Window casing and baseboards are white. Our two couches are leather in a color called Meringue - hard color to describe but yes - the color of toasted meringue on a pie!

My side tables are espresso and a corner tall shelf unit is espresso. Also a dark brown recliner.

You might ask why I went grey walls (with blue undertones) but was sick to death of beige walls. Everything looks good at this point but I would love to put some white picture ledge shelves and silver decor on walls. My current wall decor is quite dark and doesn't look good. I have picked up some nice aqua accents for my shelves.

The area rug over laminate flooring is a silver/gray.

Decor ideas welcome.

Comentarios (15)

• PRO
    Martha de la Uz - Closet Factory Miami
    hace 7 años

I would definately go with white to tie in the the existing baseboards, and the silver will get it the sparkle that is needs, some mirrored pieces can also bring light into the room.

• Maureen Hessdorfer
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks. My daughter thinks I should paint my two espresso side tables and tall shelf WHITE. Not sure what white would look like next to meringue couches. The room isn't typically that dark. Just took pictures in evening and we dint have lamps set up yet.
  • Maureen Hessdorfer
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Here is a beautiful print that has silver white and tiny bit of brown I am thinking of adding.
  • Maureen Hessdorfer
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Oh I would like to delete that picture. It is really not that dark at all
  • leelee
    hace 7 años

Leather anyone?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

The blue hue in your grey walls and the blue accents accentuate the yellow in the leather. The rug is very good. Had the walls been closer to that color, the sofa would appear less yellow.

• Maureen Hessdorfer
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks. I like the pic you threw in. But should I paint my espresso tables and shelf a different color?
  • Tammy Lawhorn
    hace 7 años
    I agree with Beverly leave them espresso
  • Maureen Hessdorfer
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks. If I leave my espresso items as is any suggestions on wall decor? I wanted to do a collage of a couple staggered picture ledge shelves with silver framed pictures and then a decor item like a silver long key or something like that or a large silver framed mirror. But I'm not sure about white on the wall above the meringue coloured sofa. I hate to add more brown to the room. I guess maybe silver.

I am starting to wonder about my paint choice!!! Lol
  • calidesign
    hace 7 años

You wanted to freshen your space, so stay with that thought, and skip the ledges and pictures. You already have the tall shelves with items on them, so you don't need to add more. I think a large framed mirror would be perfect on your wall, and reflect the light and view from the other side of the room. You can put it above the sofa facing the window, or switch places with the large piece of art above your other sofa.

• Tammy Lawhorn
    hace 7 años
    Here's a few things from pottery barn
  • Maureen Hessdorfer
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I like your idea of a mirror. Actually just saw one the other day with a silver frame. I'll skip the ledges but I actually forgot to mention that I have the ledges in espresso also. Hmmmm.

Thanks for these opinions. I should have taken daytime pics. Will add a couple tomorrow.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

Not sure why you purchased the etagere. Seems to only hold decorative items, and I think an appropriate sized lamp is required for the room. i have also added a decorative wall sculpture for the other wall.

• Maureen Hessdorfer
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I have a lamp in the opposite corner beside the recliner. Please keep in mind that this home is 33 years old and we are only intending up giving it a lift with paint and a few decor items. It is not our intention to start replacing furniture. If I have a I paint a few items that would work. I like the lamp but will not becgetting rid of the shelf.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.