Houzz Logo Print
lisa04

Mixing different colour appliances

lisa04
hace 11 años
I need to buy a new fridge and really want stainless steel, will it look bad if I have the black stove & over the range microwave?

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    Rainier Cabinetry & Design, Inc
    hace 11 años
    Unfortunately your range and microwave/hood don't have any stainless accents. I think it's going to look strange to put a SS fridge in there. Maybe if the fridge has black accents like handles and base you could get by until you replace the other appliances. Sometimes it is okay to mix colors , i.e., a cherry red stove as a focal point and the rest of the appliances stainless.
  • feeny
    hace 11 años
    How old is your stove? If I had your kitchen I would probably go ahead and buy the SS refrigerator I wanted, possibly adding a new SS microwave at the same time, with the plan to replace the black range with SS whenever it died or whenever I grew tired of having appliances that didn't match. Will it look good? Not particularly. But if your eventual goal is to replace with SS appliances but you can't afford to do all at once, I would be willing to live with a mismatched kitchen for a few years while waiting to get what I wanted. But if having mismatched appliances is going to drive you crazy in the short term, then either replace them all at once or buy a black fridge.
  • Vivian Rase
    hace 11 años
    I'm not a fan of mismatched appliances unless it's a vintage look. I would either change all of the applicances to stainless or see if you can find a refrigerator with panels to match your cabinets. That is always a nice clean look and almost conceals the refrigerator entirely
  • emily_nielson
    hace 11 años
    Have you considered black with stainless accents? That might be an option...
  • mmers
    hace 11 años
    It would be lovely to change all appliances when something 'dies' but sometimes that's just not possible. I don't think living with mismatched appliances is the worst thing ever and if you plan to change to SS, I'd start with the fridge and replace the others as needed. I'm going thru that process now - have replaced the dishwasher, the stove, but the fridge is still working fine. I'm thinking it will be replaced soon. I guess it all depends on what you can live with.
  • mmers
    hace 11 años
    I meant to add too, that I kind of like the black in your kitchen.
  • lisa04
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thanks for all the advice, I went with Stainless steel Samsung 4 door, I will replace everything once it bugs me too much, probably after a few OT shifts! ha ha ha I plan on replacing backsplash eventually.
  • camillealbert
    hace 11 años
    I went through that. Not a big deal to live with knowing its not forever and you will have what you really want.
  • PRO
    Oellien Design, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    How long will you be living in this residence and how soon do you think you can replace the range and the vent? Moving in a stainless direction would a great investment and would be good to move all the appliances in that direction. So, you have to start sometime.
  • Lisa Anderson
    hace 11 años
    Ahhh changed my mind, cancelled SS fridge, went with black. I live contrast. Decided to change backsplash instead of new stove! Ha ha ha
  • camillealbert
    hace 11 años
    I think you did the right thing. As is a pain to keep clean and probably a fad. Too bad I have it !!!!!
  • marvin1933
    hace 9 años
    I think that with the brown walls I would lighten the kitchen up with stainless steel appliances. Start with fridge and add the others when money is available. I like those items to match
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.