Houzz Logo Print
muddy04

Corner tub ideas??? Master Bath

muddy04
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

Project started w/a leak and has led to partial remodel. We would really like to remove the cultured marble tub however cannot figure out what to put in it's place to make the space flow. The tub causes a lot of issues because of it's color (biscuit) and furthermore we don't even use it. It's an eyesore and taking up valuable space. Trying to keep our cabinets, will be painting them. Open to moving them possibly w/the proper layout but ideally would prefer to keep them where they are. I don't care for freestanding tubs esp in the corner and a drop in would have to be less than 5 ft to fit. Again, we don't use the tub so I'm having a hard time justifying buying a new one just to match my new bathroom colors (Tile, counters, paint, etc)

I have read many posts pertaining to this but haven't seen any solutions that I just love. I did see a built in bench but it just looked like they stuck it there because there used to be a tub there :)

Comentarios (19)

• calidesign
    hace 7 años

If you don't need a tub, remove it and extend one of your cabinets all the way to the corner wall. It would give you some nice countertop space. Or put a freestanding vanity and chair next to the counter. Look for something in white that matches your trim.

muddy04 agradeció a calidesign
  • taranator N
    hace 7 años

Get rid of the tub! I am far from being an expert, but you could put the two cabinets side by side along the wall without the window. Then you would have room for another storage cabinet or open shelves on the other wall.

muddy04 agradeció a taranator N
  • User
    hace 7 años

What's going on in the rest of the bath?

• muddy04
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

We are open to moving things around some but ideally would like to keep the toilet and shower where they are. We have already started the shower (where it was previously located) because we did not plan to remove tub but it has become so difficult to match what I'm wanting to do that we've decided to take it out. We have used it maybe once this year.

My goal is to not have anything in the corner at an angle. Considered putting tub on that back wall w/shower to right. We would have to do a lot more financially if we start moving things so I was hoping to figure out something to do in that corner that would look cohesive but yet not be at an angle.

Hope that makes sense

Looking at the pic w/the 3 doors to the left is our bedroom, right is toilet room and straight ahead is closet

• printesa
    hace 7 años

Do you have space to put a rectangular tub on the wall where you have now the vanity? If you do, you could have a tub there and then along the wall with the window, get a double vanity

muddy04 agradeció a printesa
  • susana22
    hace 7 años

My bathtub was also like yours. Hated it. Not practical at all. We renovated and replaced it with a rectangular tub. Love the new tub and spacing.

muddy04 agradeció a susana22
  • PRO
    Conrad Kitchen, Bath and Remodeling LLC
    hace 7 años

There are all sorts of solutions. New freestanding tubs are available that would fit your corner nicely. A customer of ours replaced the tub as you see in the lower picture just recently. But the top picture is a free standing, they also sell slipper soaking tube which are very elegant and fit corners nicely.

• PRO
    Conrad Kitchen, Bath and Remodeling LLC
    hace 7 años

I guess I didn't read the entire post, first. Sorry. But you are in a bit of spot if you can't move anything. If you are painting your vanities, you could place a tall wall cabinet in the corner (painted the same or different as an accent piece). with hooks on the wall. This would provide a dressing area out of the middle of the floor?

• acm
    hace 7 años

I would move one of the vanities to be next to the other (either directly or with a gap), which probably means the back wall (to avoid the window/mirror problem). Then it would be much easier to come up with a nice use for the corner where the vanity previously was, such as a linen closet or hutch, or some open shelving, and/or a towel warmer for the shower, or a bench to lounge on, or anything you like. Will make the whole space look and function better.

Casa Verde Design · Más información

Spa inspired master bath · Más información

muddy04 agradeció a acm
  • PRO
    Savvy Cabinetry Design Interiors
    hace 7 años

Wallingford Double Vanity Bath · Más información

Wallingford Double Vanity Bath · Más información

muddy04 agradeció a Savvy Cabinetry Design Interiors
  • PRO
    Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
    hace 7 años

I like acm's idea to take out the tub completely and put the two vanities on the back wall. That should leave a nice spot open for a make-up area, linen cabinet, etc....

Budget-Friendly Marble and Bronze Bathroom · Más información

• Kathi Steele
    hace 7 años

Before you do anything, you have to decide what to do with that tub. That should be driving the whole space.

You could move the shower there and have a much larger shower. You could make it a rectangle tub. Etc., Etc, Etc,.

You need to find a CBD and let them help you. They will cost up front, but save you thousands in the end.

muddy04 agradeció a Kathi Steele
  • PRO
    Lumar Interiors
    hace 7 años

If you do end up wanting a tub still you could do a free standing tub or claw foot tub. Perhaps you really don't want one? Look to our last design and see how we extended the vanity to go across the whole wall? This could work for your space as well. You could make it a place to put on make up.

Bathroom Renovation · Más información

Custom Build: Bathroom · Más información

Kingstation Elegant Home · Más información

• Kathi Steele
    hace 7 años

Lumar, that last picture is awesome. Glad to see you incorporated a make up stand. So many are not. I am not a fan of freestanding tubs, but, to each his own.

• muddy04
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you everyone for your responses and input, it is much appreciated. I love the idea of the vanities along the back wall. My concern with the existing cabinets is that they do not match so it might look a little odd. Pricing cabinetry now and have a designer coming to see what they can come up with. I hope it will be worth the expense! Thanks again everyone!

As far as the tub goes, I could go either way, I don't use it so I could happily get rid of it all together

• muddy04
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I failed to mention earlier that the two vanities are not the same size. One is 48" and one is 68" (I think). So putting them next to each other would look off but I'm loving the idea.

• PRO
    Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
    hace 7 años

Another possible idea. Push the two vanities together (these are not symmetrical) and get a new top. Then build a make-up table on the window wall.

Interiors of the Mill Neck Residence · Más información

muddy04 agradeció a Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
  • PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    hace 7 años

We have a few different designs below to inspire you. Notice the first vanity has a lot of storage, the second vanity has a makeup table, and the third picture includes a fireplace.

Modern Desert Contemporary Residence · Más información

Modern Desert Contemporary Residence · Más información

Hilltop Residence - Bathroom · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.