Houzz Logo Print
matt8667

Tiled over bathroom window, lets make good from and odd setup

matt
hace 7 años

Well I do not know who's bright idea it was to cheap out and tile over a window, but given i am proceeding in the spring with stage two of my bathroom remodel I am a little unsure how to utilize this. There was/is a double window, half of which is mostly inline with my bathtub. The window and storm window was dry walled and then tiled over. I am getting the bath re-tiled and possible drywall work done. I either need to bring back some sort of window or glass block or properly close the old window space and reside the back area on the house. The heat has caused expansion and cracked the tile. My neighbor has and identical home in mirrored version and he just has a window in use though I am not sure how it is finished internally. Suggestions anyone?

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    WrightWorks, LLC
    hace 7 años

If you're satisfied with the amount of light in the space, I would properly close up the window and tile over it again.

A glass block window will look strange next to the traditional window.

• matt
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I am leaning in that direction, I can only assume this bathroom had a claw foot tube at one point, which would allow a curtain to be used effectively.

• Susan Davis
    hace 7 años

Take out the window, re-side with less obvious placed siding from the house so it matches and add new siding in less conspicuous place on house. Tile the shower/tub so it looks like a shower.....my feeling that it was only a tub at one time and thus the double window.

Also the glass block in place of the existing window would also look classic and add privacy with little or no window treatment. Very sleek.

Contemporary Bathroom · Más información

Whelan-Funston · Más información

Ideas in Houzz pics.

• matt
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Using painters tape i did measure and get a fairly accurate idea of the window area. I do believe I will have it properly filled in. Not that I am looking to sell, but in the future it will appeal to more people being filled int. Thank you all for the insight, but I will most likely just replace the existing window and use draperies as I am putting mostly period correct window awnings on the south side of the house.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.