Houzz Logo Print
mphilemon

Help picking granite color...small budget

hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

Very small galley kitchen, little natural light, cream cabinets, light maple hardwood floor, light taupe walls, white appliance...light granite or darker with interesting color?

Comentarios (5)

• hace 7 años

You don't have much counter space, so I would go for a light simple stone.

Kitchens · Más información

mphilemon agradeció a houssaon
  • hace 7 años

Personally I'd do light & save up my money to replace the ceiling fixture. Properly spaced recessed lights would be a great improvement along with undercounted lighting.

mphilemon agradeció a Bailey R
  • hace 7 años

Do NOT even think about wasting your money putting granite in that kitchen. That drop in range is impossible to replace, and you wouldn't want to even if you could. Those old site built cabinets with exposed hinges and fixes shelves waste a lit of space and make storage far more difficult than it needs to be. All of the major players are lined up, ducks in a row, giving you little usable counter space.

The whole thing needs to be redone with new cabinets, and a new layout. Then you can decode what stone to put on top of them.

• PRO
    hace 7 años
    This space needs light. I am not sure changing countertops is useful way to spend your hard earned money. The newest Formica products might be better and less expensive. Have you explored that option?
  • PRO
    hace 7 años

I mean in agreeance with what's been said. Do a simple laminate replacement, an s Dave your shekels so that you can do a total remodel with new appliances, better lighting, etc.

always choose a designer! Don't just depend on your contractor to decide.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.