Houzz Logo Print
oceansafhire

Fireplace and Flooring

Green Lee3
hace 11 años
I just purchased a condo and I want to make this fireplace and flooring look better. However, I'm just not sure what to do. My style is modern contemp.

I'm interested in ebony laminate plank hand scraped flooring.

Also, the photos are no longer on the mantel as well as the panel.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    In Touch Designs by Elita LLC
    hace 11 años
    You would be surprise how Great this Fireplace could look by enhancing the Slate bringing out the beautiful depth of the stone and changing up the mantel to make a statement! Wood floors are always nice but not always a Must. Hope this helped! ~E
  • Green Lee3
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    what type of mantel would you suggest?
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    There are quite a few Options, but hard to advise without seeing the Floor To Ceiling View! Could You please upload another image with full room view? Tx, ~E
  • PRO
    Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
    hace 11 años
    Slate install job looks very amateur. Outlet cover plate has been trimmed and the hearth needs to carry over to the wall to get rid of that funky wedge triangle space. Gas shutoff valve needs to be relocated. No it sure why the hearth was even raised. Slate should have been installed directly on the floor. Doesn't make much sense to raise the hearth just that little bit
  • Green Lee3
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you so much for the comments. I agree with everything you stated. I am considering removing the slate and have it reinstall by my contractor.
  • Green Lee3
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    Additional pictures of the living room. All furniture have been removed.
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Thanks for the pics~ I'd stay with the Stone look and make a Mantel out of either Natural Stone~ Granite, Marble, Travertine or Limestone or Quartz ~ As it comes in many Colors! P.S. To make a bigger statement, I would complete the look with tiling all the way up to ceiling...It appears to be Multi Classic Slate~E
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.