Houzz Logo Print
wilmetted

Two countertops or one for kitchen

wilmetted
hace 7 años

We're going with white cabinets and an espresso island. We had settled on a a quartz that looks like Marble - Pental Quartz Mysterio. However, We're questioning if it makes more sense to have gray countertops like Silestone Cemento over the white cabinets and then the mysterio over the espresso island. I like the two tone look but wonder how it will work with the cabinets. We live in a traditional area but don't want to be too traditional. We may or may not sell in a few years. I'm curious to get opinions about what to do with the countertops and possibly the backsplash. Floors and a wood look gray.

Comentarios (13)

• apaquin25
    hace 7 años

If you're going with two-toned cabinets, stick with one countertop.

• Jean Larson
    hace 7 años

I put it two different counter tops and have regretted it from day 1. However, they are very different. If the marble looking surface has a white background and grey veining, it will probably work nicely with Silestone, if that is solid grey or white. But since your cabinets are different colors, I would use one counter top.

• jck910
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I would also use just the mysterio. Espresso is often more brown than black and I don't care for gray with brown so I would not put cemento on the island.

• wilmetted
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

If I'm reading correctly, most of you are not a fan of the following looks. I wasn't sure what to do when I saw these. I want to make sure we can sell if we decide to do that.

• jhmarie
    hace 7 años

I do not think having a look like the above kitchens would hurt the potential sale of you home. The problem comes when coordinating the colors is done poorly. There are now two different color cabinets and two different countertops to get right - so more potential for a mismatch.

• PRO
    PRASADA Custom Homes
    hace 7 años

Coordinating the colors sure can be challenging, but there is no questioning how great it can look when done right. It is safer however to continue the same countertops throughout if you are having and doubt.

KITCHEN DESIGNS · Más información

KITCHENS · Más información

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años

i did dark on dark and lighter on light, two years ago, havent regretted it for a moment. if the realtor thought there was a problem at sale (no intention to sell for another 15 years) i could always redo the island.

the joy of home ownership is you can do what you like. one eye on resale, but not both eyes.

• flopsycat1
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

We used quartz for the countertops and butcher block for the island in our vacation home. Love it! As with everything else, choosing the right materials is key.

• wilmetted
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Here are some images of the kitchen. I'd love to get a few more opinions. We are returning the fridge as it seems too big.

• Jean Larson
    hace 7 años

I love your choices! If I could get a new fridge, I'd buy counter depth. But my kids are grown.

• mnmamax3
    hace 6 años

I would love to see your finished project! Did you end up with Cemento or something different entirely?

• PRO
    nune
    hace 6 años

I would definitely suggest one countertop; you want the space to feel harmonious and using the same material on the two different cabinet colours will help to unify.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.