Houzz Logo Print
mb2812

Help with cornice

mb2812
hace 11 años
Is the cornice supposed to be mounted on the inside of the window box or on the outside

Comentarios (10)

• Judy M
    hace 11 años
    Street of Dreams PDX 2011 · Más información

Traditional · Más información
  • User
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    Are you sure you want to use a cornice with this window? If you put it on the inside of the box it will obscure a lot of your view. If it's mounted on the outside I think you need to mount it higher than the windows but covering the top of the opening, then use drapery panels on either side, under the cornice. A cornice alone will look odd on this window. Notice the examples above are not used on boxed windows.
  • PRO
    In Touch Designs by Elita LLC
    hace 11 años
    Why cornice? I would suggest drapery panels
    In Touch Designs by Elita LLC · Más información
    or Woven Shades
    In Touch Designs by Elita LLC · Más información

If cornice is a Must then Outside Mount for sure.
  • njmomma
    hace 11 años
    I think you can go either way, here are both pics. I think outside enlarges the window.
  • mb2812
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Well I don't have to use a cornice, but I am looking for something very minimal, but that will finish out the window. I was going to put a cushion and pillows on the seat portion. Also, this is my dinning room. Any suggestions.
  • mb2812
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    So would you all say go with a cornice or drapes?
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    If you're planning to use it as a perch, then nothing overhead, just panels to either side. Cornices can easily look dated. If you're still left wanting for a "bridge", then you could layer a roman or stick blind behind your panels, but hang them high and stop just past the top of the window opening so that you don't ruin the ladies' hairdos who try to sit there.
  • Keitha
    hace 11 años
    This looks like a dining room and the windows look short in comparison to the ceiling height so I agree with others just to hang drapery panels on the sides of the windows but hang them to the ceiling. Then hang decorative plates just above the windows and possibly sit a topiary grouping in the window.
  • PRO
    Cheery Curtains
    hace 11 años
    What about Roman shades with these fabrics?
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.