Houzz Logo Print
nicholas_powers

Help for TV wall / electric fireplace?

N Pow
hace 7 años

Debating on what to do below the tv. Was considering an electric fireplace. Can't do gas fireplace because its an interior wall, on the other side of the wall is a bedroom.

Considering this fireplace:

http://www.electricfireplacesdirect.com/products-accessories/electric-fireplace-mantel-packages/Dimplex-Fieldstone-Rustic-Electric-Fireplace-Mantel-Package 

What are your thoughts on what would look best? If we did this fireplace? Would some custom shelves/cupboards look good on each side of the tv to "frame" in the tv? Not a ton of space, there is 74 or 76 inches of drywall shown in the picture, from door to door.

Thanks in advance for any info !

Comentarios (10)

• lefty47
    hace 7 años

HI -- I will try to post a photo with info later . I have to get help with that .

N Pow agradeció a lefty47
  • gtcircus
    hace 7 años
    I too just installed an electric fireplace and love it! Mine wasn't nearly as expensive but it was for a guest bedroom that I'm using until my master is finished. You have to have a mantel if you intend to put a tv above because of heat.
    N Pow agradeció a gtcircus
  • N Pow
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

bellburgmaggie - where did you find your electric fireplace? the one i'm looking at, has a mantle.

• lefty47
    hace 7 años

HI -- N Pow -- All I can do is e-mail photos to you if you like --- I would need an e-mail address . We got our fireplace from Lowes and it is on their web site .

• lefty47
    hace 7 años

HI -- Let me know if you got the photos and I can answer any questions that you have.

N Pow agradeció a lefty47
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

That T.V will be hung way too high fix that position first the center of the screen should be at eye level when you are seated and IMO this is too small a wall for a fireplace and T.v just get a nice low cabinet to house the T.V stuff

N Pow agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Design Line Works, LLC
    hace 7 años

This is a perfect space for an electric fireplace, (and the TV will not be too high) I have done several like this. You can build in some cabinetry or open shelves on the bottom, create a "hearth" or simply affix the fireplace to the wall and either do a wall treatment such as stone or tile around it. It is my experience that the dimplex fireplaces are one of the best brands but also a little more expensive. The type of wall treatment and/or shelves would depend on the vibe in the rest of the space, (modern, traditional, etc.) you really didn't give that information and also your needs for storage. With the doors to either side I am in the less is more camp but that's just me!

• N Pow
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Design Line Works - My moms style is more "country", so we were thinking of some stone. Did you see the link in my post? We were thinking of that but we are wondering if it looks "too fake" ? Storage would be nice as well, place to put tv receiver box, etc. Just not sure what would look best? Could you share pics of examples you mentioned?

• PRO
    Design Line Works, LLC
    hace 7 años

I will see if I can find some images for you, I know I have drawings at least some place! Be careful of trying to do too much in this small small space. Given your mom likes country maybe a small "mantle" and cover the wall in a wood look tile of some sort. This is a very small space for stone and may look too heavy. I would probably use a light color of wood tile to create a surround, possible tile the entire wall ceiling to floor.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.