Houzz Logo Print
webuser_34573

Blank wall behind television

Amy Beaver Murphy
hace 7 años
I need ideas for a large wall behind the television. I would like some sort of large clock, but I'm unsure how to make it come together. These are 12 foot ceilings

Comentarios (18)

• Kimberly Haire
    hace 7 años
    Mount the tv and do something to the left- maybe a ladder? Or art, or mirror?
  • everdebz
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

More photos would be better... I wonder why not a clock over the fireplace? and to left of tv --- [what's farther beyond your photo?] gallery of things.

• er612
    hace 7 años

I agree with needing more pics of the space.

• Amy Beaver Murphy
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    We just moved in. It is a very open floor plan with a lot of windows
  • Amy Beaver Murphy
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Don't mind my husband in the photo :)
  • pat1250
    hace 7 años
    No clock, cliche. Do you really need another timepiece in your home?
  • karielen
    hace 7 años

I would consider four pieces of art, two to either side, that correlated to each other and added color.

• Emily Jowers
    hace 7 años
    BIGGER TV!! :D
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 7 años

get a wall mount and a 65" TV. thats a huge wall and it dwarfs that tiny tv!

Home Interiors 3rd pic, a tv mounted like that, and at least that size. Cool console you have.

• Jennifer Havin
    hace 7 años

Contemporary Bedroom · Más información
    a gallery wall of prints would look awesome, with a bigger tv of course

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 7 años

jennifer, love that one! that room is awesome.

• everdebz
    hace 7 años

To me - from the front door you see the side of the tv - what object, or tall-ish plant could you place to side of it? Not sure that striking art over fireplace wouldn't be nice. Less concerned about gallery of items....

• everdebz
    hace 7 años

Seems your mantel items are light / are you wanting a fresher, lighter look? Such number of windows to look at, I'd prefer 1 subject or 1 item over mantel to fill the square and overtake the windows....Might be over-priced but seems light and visible from entry.

Sara Abbott's 'Evoke III' Canvas Gallery Wrap, 40x40 · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 7 años

Still use your soft greens in more prominent way on other console/ something that looks natural, as the stone is natural...

Monty Tear Drop Bazaar Green Ceramic Vase - 24H · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 7 años

To left of hearth? with 1 piece over mantel..

Metal Vase, 3-Piece Set · Más información

• PRO
    Design Ark Inc
    hace 7 años

The space is rather monochromatic but good scale. Meybe you should
    go with some color and also large stroke...When I say a "large
    stroke" I mean something unusual, out of scale, fun, to bring life into
    the space and become a conversation peace...but that's me... :o) I agree with someone
    who mentioned mounting the TV on the wall. I would get something more lineal
    underneath it for all the equipment....something wider and lower...to match the
    proportion of the wall....and the wall...that is where the fun starts.

This is one of our
    projects where a small kitchen nook got a special treatment

[mural[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/sometimes-a-small-space-needs-a-big-stat-dsvw-vd~1171035)

This kitchen may be more on a contemporary side but using some interesting wall paper pattern would look good too...like this...

mural 2

or

black and white

or more conservatively..

traditional

have fun! home should be all about fun...don't be afraid to think out of the box...design rules are made to be broken...

• PRO
    Eutree
    hace 5 años

All great ideas! Have you ever considered accent wall paneling? We offer a wide variety of Forest Free wall paneling in a range of finishes. We also specialize in custom at an affordable price. Below are a few photos of some of our paneling installations behind TVs. We ship nationwide and always happy to provide free samples by request.

www.eutree.com/paneling/

Rosemary Beach House · Más información

Virginia Highland Home · Más información

Fulton Cotton Mill Lofts · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.